2/3 of the way to goal (with pictures)

Options
1235»

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Wow... I bet you feel a million times better. You look strong and healthy now... who is in your lap there? Bet she's happy with the change. Keep up the amazing work!

That is my daughter Addie...she has been my inspiration to keep going. She was three at that time, and I couldn't get on the floor to play with her without a forklift to pick me up it seemed. I would lose my breath, couldn't run around and play with her...I was miserable. The breaking point was when the doctor told me my heart was giving out, I was pre-diabetic, I had fatty liver, and probably wouldn't make it five years, let alone see her graduate.

I knew something had to change, but at that size and weight I needed some oomph, so I had gastric bypass in July of 2003. It required a completely different mindset, changing of habits, and 100% total dedication. It has been 9 years, and the past 5 have been plateaus, ups and downs, and pain. For awhile I went off the plan and forgot where I had come from. My lowest point was 200 lbs. and a size 14, but I also had shot up to 290 and a size 28 at my highest in the past 5 years. I started at 450, so really 290 wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. When I divorced my ex-husband in 2007, I re-examined my priorities and found myself again. I got back down to my lower point only to get lazy again and shoot back up to 275.

I started MFP because I work for a nutritional company and have 100% committed myself to getting down to my goal weight of 175 once and for all and stay there. I am making healthy choices about what goes into my mouth, and working out - something I had pretty much refused to do up until now.

Since 2003, my heart is healthy, my blood sugar is within normal ranges, and my liver is no longer fatty. I have energy and focus, and my mental health is completely better. It takes a total change in mindset, and you have to tell yourself "I CAN DO IT", but in the long run, the more I lose, the more I win!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Keep up the great work!
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congrats!
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! That is amazing dedication and strength! GOOD JOB and keep up the good work!
  • preciouss1983
    preciouss1983 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OMG what a transformation!!!! YOUR ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    phenomenal!
  • andy1591
    andy1591 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the great work!
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are truly inspiring, you don't even look like you are 260, you look like you are much less than that. You look AWESOME!! Congrats on all of your hard work paying off, must feel wonderful :)
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, keep up the great work! :happy:
  • krystlpierce
    krystlpierce Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I just saw that you're from Nampa! I'm from Boise :) I never thought I would see someone from my area! You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • SmileURLuved
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself and what you have achieved... YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    You look fantastic! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    oh wow great job!!! you look amazing keep up the great work.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Wow... I bet you feel a million times better. You look strong and healthy now... who is in your lap there? Bet she's happy with the change. Keep up the amazing work!

That is my daughter Addie...she has been my inspiration to keep going. She was three at that time, and I couldn't get on the floor to play with her without a forklift to pick me up it seemed. I would lose my breath, couldn't run around and play with her...I was miserable. The breaking point was when the doctor told me my heart was giving out, I was pre-diabetic, I had fatty liver, and probably wouldn't make it five years, let alone see her graduate.

I knew something had to change, but at that size and weight I needed some oomph, so I had gastric bypass in July of 2003. It required a completely different mindset, changing of habits, and 100% total dedication. It has been 9 years, and the past 5 have been plateaus, ups and downs, and pain. For awhile I went off the plan and forgot where I had come from. My lowest point was 200 lbs. and a size 14, but I also had shot up to 290 and a size 28 at my highest in the past 5 years. I started at 450, so really 290 wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. When I divorced my ex-husband in 2007, I re-examined my priorities and found myself again. I got back down to my lower point only to get lazy again and shoot back up to 275.

I started MFP because I work for a nutritional company and have 100% committed myself to getting down to my goal weight of 175 once and for all and stay there. I am making healthy choices about what goes into my mouth, and working out - something I had pretty much refused to do up until now.

Since 2003, my heart is healthy, my blood sugar is within normal ranges, and my liver is no longer fatty. I have energy and focus, and my mental health is completely better. It takes a total change in mindset, and you have to tell yourself "I CAN DO IT", but in the long run, the more I lose, the more I win!

Awesome!!! Even better than the pics, which show quite an amazing transformations!! Congratulations on ALL of the positive changes.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    krystlpierce - Nice to see a neighbor! I just sent you a friend request!
  • smontalvan
    Options
    wow soooo inspiring. I thought my goal was to far but looking at how long you have been going strong....wow! You look great!
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning way to go!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!