I am such a FAST eater

Options
I wish I could slow down, then maybe my stomach would know it was full. I know all the things you are supposed to do...put your fork down, chew a jillion times, take a drink of water between each bite....tried em all before. I am really really trying to slow down my eating. I dont like to eat so fast.
Anyone else eat fast? Any other ideas on how I can sloooow it down?

Replies

• dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I inhale my food! You can try having a sip of water between bites. Slows you down and adds to filling you up.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Why slow down?

I just am learning to only put as much food on my plate as I need/should eat.

Then I eat it at breakneck speed!!
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Years ago a Weight Watchers leader suggested eating with your opposite hand (left for righties, right for lefties). I also find that eating with chopsticks keeps bites smaller and reduces the shovel and gulp style that I tend to favor!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I try to concentrate on something while eating. Something that requires I put it down to take a bite. Reading a book, playing a game on my phone, etc...I find Angry Birds works quite nicely for this :)

I too have been a fast eater for years. I trained myself years ago (when I was skinny of course) to inhale my food because at the job I was at I didn't get a lunch break and had to eat in the back room quickly. I'm only now starting to break that habit.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I also find that eating with chopsticks keeps bites smaller and reduces the shovel and gulp style that I tend to favor!

This is also a great idea.
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I inhale food too. My favourite thing to to do to slow down is to eat with a really tiny spoon, lol. Also sipping a beverage, and doing something distracting while eating.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Years ago a Weight Watchers leader suggested eating with your opposite hand (left for righties, right for lefties).

This just sounds frustrating! But I'm so gonna try it out haha!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Years ago a Weight Watchers leader suggested eating with your opposite hand (left for righties, right for lefties).

This just sounds frustrating! But I'm so gonna try it out haha!

Me too!!!!