Anyone have a Cuisinart Griddler???

Options
meaganh13
meaganh13 Posts: 55 Member
Hey All,

So, I have a George Foreman grill but really don't care for it much, so this week, I took the plunge and ordered a Cuisinart Griddler (the full size) online. I have yet to receive it but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm just wondering if anyone has one and if so, what's your fav thing to cook on them? Because I live in frigid-Prairies Canada, sometimes BBQing beef and chicken outdoors just isn't an option. I'm hoping that this will do the job better than a frying pan and will open possibilities to grilling veggies, and also making healthy paninis (if there is such a thing). I was also bad and bought the waffle plates... and healthy, low-er carb waffle recipes would be much appreciated as well. Thanks!

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas and I love it so far. I've made grilled pork chops, pancakes, burgers, and paninis. I really like that you can take the plates off and put them in the dishwasher.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    YEA!

I've had mine for a couple years and love it! We used it almost 7 days a week until we bought our BBQ in the summer, Weber S-470. Now that it's winter, I'm back to the Griddler about 4x a week and making DH suffer only 2-3 days a week in the cold ha ha! Thank goodness it hasn’t snowed yet in Toronto, weird but makes traffic easier and walking to the BBQ w/o having to shovel easier ;)

We had a George Forman in university, because the trays aren’t removable it got pretty gross and because it was white, very burned up the front and back. The griddler eventually gets some burn marks but it’s still a beautiful enough small appliance to sit on the granite all day.
  • Mrslee23
    Options
    We have one that we got about a year ago as a Wedding gift and by far that is my best friend in the kitchen, I've made everything on it but fish. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    everything!!!!!! actually using it right now to make some pork loin chops!!!!:smile:
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I got one for Xmas too, so far chicken a few times and pancakes. Love it.