Hello from Tampa Bay area ...

Options
I've been on this site for a little while, but haven't been very active with checking it out.

I deal with a few medical issues, and I'm trying to just creep along with a little movement each day, hoping it will add up eventually and help me to firm and lose about 15 lbs. One of my issues is major depressive disorder, which makes it all the rougher. But maybe five minutes at a time ...

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    Hey back atcha! I live in Tampa and have been on MFP for 400 days now. It's a truly wonderful tool to help you in your weight loss. Some newbie tips I'll give you are to take your measurements and a good before picture. The scale can be a fickle witch and doesn't often move the way it should BUT pictures don't lie and neither does the tape measure. You will find that you naturally start making healthier choices in food because you get more food for fewer calories! I'm all about being able to eat too. Good luck, take it one day at a time (or 5 minutes!) and you'll do great.
  • loserbutt
    Options
    Thank you. =) Yes, I'm definitely more interested in smaller clothes and fewer inches than pounds.

I don't eat very much, but what I really need to do is build muscle. That way I'll burn more when I'm at rest, which I am a lot.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Hello tampa bay. Good luck from Philadelphia. :flowerforyou:
  • loserbutt
    Options
    TYVM =)
  • silverstardust
    silverstardust Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tampa/Ballast Point area here! :)