Filling Foods for School!

Options
Hey guys!

I'm on campus from 7am to 5pm this semester, and I'm in need of some filling foods that don't need to stay too cold. I have a decent lunch box, but I have three classes in a row 'til my break, so my food is usually warmish by then. Also, I'm looking for things to snack on in class (I hate it when my stomach grumbles, and when I THINK about being hungry, it does it even more!!)

I opened up my diary - preplanned tomorrow. The first snack and lunch will be consumed at school. As you can see, I have two Luna proteins listed, but I'm really looking for items to replace at least one of them. My goal is to not purchase anything while I'm at school.

Thanks, everyone!

Replies

• ImJDLookatME
    Options
    BUMP...I head back to nursing school tomorrow...on campus from 8am-3:30 so I will love to see everyones ideas
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese
    Yogurt
    Apples, bananas, grapes... etc
    Carrots, celery, sugar snap peas... etc
    Nuts (unsalted best option)
    Triscuits
    Hard boiled eggs
    Protein powder (blender bottle or regular water bottle and 8oz water) Premixed if you must (I admittedly used to drink EAS and liked them)
  • Beezer322
    Beezer322 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!

I take a toasted whole wheat bagel with me and put cream cheese and jam on it. Even after it's not warm anymore it's still delicious! It's so tastey and has like 9 grams of protien and 7 grams of fiber to keep my tummy from rumbling.
  • amh83
    amh83 Posts: 15
    Options
    I know, I would like some new ideas too! Here is what I do. I bought a lunch box that has frozen packs built in, and I just throw it in the freezer the night before and it keeps my food cold all day. I also freeze a water and put that in my lunch box as well, it keeps my food cold, and by lunch time it has had time to melt and I have a really cold water to drink! You could also buy an inexpensive thermos and bring soup or leftovers if you want something hot. As far as high protein snacks, I like cheese, almonds, and apples or pears with peanut or almond butter on top. Also, the starkist tuna creations pouches are yummy, especially the sweet and spicy one, and they don't need to be refrigerated.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could stomach warm yogurt, string cheese, or hard-boiled eggs, but the rest are great ideas, thanks! Hahah I'm weird with food temps - like I also MUST have my apples straight from the fridge. Loove cold apples.
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump. My cousin needs this!!!
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    I love this topic! I started school again Tuesday and I thought if I brought almonds and a bag of baked lays I would be okay, WRONG!! After my third class I was starving. When 12 pm came and my body was use to eating, I have to run to a different campus 10 mins away and did not have enough time to get anything. I'm definitely making a sandwich and have almonds to snack on in class.
  • JulieHig
    JulieHig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    beef jerky is an easy protein option...
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I love turkey jerky! I just wish it wasn't so bad for your jaw. Mine pops when I eat it :O
  • mllynd
    mllynd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im a claims investigator that keeps me in the field. I always keep protein shake powder in my car w/ a shaker so all I have to do is buy cold water.

I enjoy Muscle Milk Lite- Milk Choc. or Choc. Peanut butter (taste like reeses cups)

Also single serve bags of almonds are a good protein source.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Fruit leather - like the real stuff, a fruit rollup probably wont be as filling
    A whole wheat english muffin with honey or cinnamon on it - you can wrap it in tin foil
    Coffee helps keep me full without all the calories, so you could get some instant coffee.. they even make instant iced coffee if you don't have access to hot water (I know Starbucks brand has some in the grocery store) and keep a travel mug with you.