disappointed

Options
I've been doing MFB for just over a week. I exercised all but 1 day. Kept my calories below what the nutritionist suggested and protein at a good level. Have been feeling real good about all of it. Then, today happened. My wife went to dinner with her friend, The Cheesecake Factory. I asked her to bring me a piece of cheesecake. I ate the 2/3 of the red velvet cheesecake. Entered it into MFB found I consumed close to 900 calories and 18 grams of fat. All of the sudden, The cake, which wasn't all that good anyway suddenly didn't seem worth it. Tomorrow is a new day. Just Venting

Replies

• sarahstoltman
    Options
    Its ok.. Its gonna take a couple of those days before you decide its just not worth it... Keep it up you are doing great!
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days too! Just straight out bummed!

But...I have a somewhat solution for you (if you have a sweet tooth?)

Make a healthy version of your favorite sweet treat and freeze some. Cheesecake actually keeps really well in the freezer. That way next time..if that ever happens again..you'll have something on hand. :)
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes tomorrow IS a new day =) And I think its always a good day when we learn a lesson. I'm sorry that happened to you, I was disappointed in myself on Monday. But we move on! =)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You made a poor choice in Cheesecake Flavor. There are plenty that are completely worth the 1200+ calories =)
  • ifucsam
    ifucsam Posts: 40
    Options
    Isn't it funny that that happens to us? I feel that way about a lot of meals I used to love, now I'm like "ehhhh that doesn't look so good anymore" and I choose something smarter. It happens!
  • kels1416
    Options
    try again tomorrow! :smile:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I have diet cheesecake!
  • emcohen
    emcohen Posts: 46
    Options
    There's a radio commercial for health insurance that runs around here that has the quote "remember, two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward."

I know how you feel though. I feel like the time in between binges gets larger as I do this more. I just see how unsatisfying it can be.
  • BuildABetterMe
    Options
    If you're like me, and have never even LOOKED at anything called a calorie, then you're going to find all kinds of things that will open your eyes, just like this did.

Another thing that amazes me is that some of the things I always thought of as "low cal" or "healthy" aren't even CLOSE!

Salads with dressing aren't always as healthy as you might think....
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    The key to this is doing a lifestyle change, not flat out dieting! Everybody eats something that isn't the healthiest for them every once in a while...just don't make it a habit and don't get discouraged!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    thats sucks move on and next time you"ll know don"t beat yourself up. Tomorrow is another day!
  • Logansmom2011
    Logansmom2011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFB for just over a week. I exercised all but 1 day. Kept my calories below what the nutritionist suggested and protein at a good level. Have been feeling real good about all of it. Then, today happened. My wife went to dinner with her friend, The Cheesecake Factory. I asked her to bring me a piece of cheesecake. I ate the 2/3 of the red velvet cheesecake. Entered it into MFB found I consumed close to 900 calories and 18 grams of fat. All of the sudden, The cake, which wasn't all that good anyway suddenly didn't seem worth it. Tomorrow is a new day. Just Venting
    Its just one day,we all slip up sometimes.Just look at tomorrow as starting over and a new day.If it makes you feel any better,just use today as your "cheat/off/free" day.
  • dan09554
    dan09554 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. Keep on tryin'
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    AS most people have said, there will be some days that you just make really bad choices. I did so today. All you can do is realized what happened, learn from it and move on. Tommorrow is another day and you can't give up.
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You got it out of your head and now you can move on. I bet if you were good all week that you will still lose weight!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Forgive and forget start fresh tomorrow.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    you are right, tomorrow is a new day. Also, if you run into this again, look up the calories before hand, it can help you at least make a more informed choice! :)
    Keep up the great work, sounds like you have had a good week,
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    real eye opener, huh? Here is a recipe for something that may cure your cheesecake cravings in the future:

You'll need:

*Nabisco Grahams Original 8g whole grain per serving (red box)

{1 serving of the grahams = 2 full cracker sheets (8 crackers) You will only be using 2 crackers (1/2 sheet) - 33 calories}

Philadelphia Fat Free Strawberry spread - 2 tbsp. = 40 calories. You will only be using 1 teaspoon - 6 calories

Smucker's Low Sugar Strawberry Reduced Sugar Preserves - 1 Tbsp. = 25 calories. You will only be using 1 teaspoon - 6 calories.

Directions:

Spread 1 teaspoon of Philly Fat Free Strawberry spread over 2 grahams (1/2 sheet)

Top with 1 teaspoon of Smucker's Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves.

Enjoy!

Makes one serving. 45 calories per serving. Please note, this recipe is brand specific for this amount of calories.
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    Yup, tomorrows another day! I too, have had days where I would eat something that I really wanted, then regret sets in...
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    dont get too disppointed im usually try so hard to eat heathly went to the gym and worked my *kitten* off my dad made milkshakes so i had one and now im over my daily calories with it. so that counted as my nightly snack, it sucks how one thing can ruin it but tomorrow is always another day but as well if u keep thinking like that you will give up compeletly like i did so dont get to disappointed and hope tomorrow goes better for you