Breakfast/yogurt question.

Options
I really dislike breakfast but I will always eat it because I know it is good for me. So I was eating strawberry yogurt and adding in some whole grain granola for breakfast every morning thinking I was being healthy till I looked at the back of the yogurt container and realized that my yogurt contained a relatively high amount of sugar (don't remember how much but too high). I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a yogurt that doesn't taste awful but is still good for you or maybe something of equal nutrition to what I was aiming for. It's so hard for me to find something good for the morning for me without going sugary. Thank you!

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Depending upon the brand, yougurt CAN be good for you. I'd head to the store and start comparing labels. Pick up a few of the ones that have healthier labels and see what you think. I would stay away from the fake sweeteners, though. Dairy will have some sugar in it naturally, so you just don't want too much (or any) added sugar. You can also get plain yogurt and add your own maple syrup or fruit or other sweeteners.
    Also, you can make your own granol and add WAY less sugar (like less than half).
  • Mom2twins121408
    Options
    Smoothie! It's the only way to go. Use skim milk, frozen fruit, flax seed, and spinach. They are awesome. Add some protein powder to keep you full longer.
  • Sandydee60
    Sandydee60 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter and toast to try and add some protien.
  • hoffman1990
    hoffman1990 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use non fat plain yogurt-- stoneyhill or kirkland brand. Plain non fat yogurt is gross, but I add a little vanilla extract and a packet of sugar in the raw sugar to about 6 oz of yogurt. You can also add fresh or frozen fruit.