What else do you COUNT???

Options
KDWS
KDWS Posts: 61 Member
Do you count carbs, protien etc...if so why and what is the target goal of what you count?

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I count iron because I tend to run low. My target is, well, I guess what MFP says I should have, and I take supplements occasionally.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Doctor's orders:
    calories and carbohydrates

Im on a low carb approach under the good doctor's orders... nothing less than 65g of carbs per day ....BUT.... I have a list of foods that I have to avoid for both health reasons AND allergies...
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Personally I lose best if I can do around a 40%carb/30% fat/30% protein ratio. But it is hard for me to keep carbs that low. So I do 45% carbs/ and then split the remainder ~27% fat and 27% protein.

I also track my fiber and get minimum of 25g.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I also count fiber, which I'm trying to make sure to get enough of, and sugar, which I'm trying to get very little of!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    sodium has turned out to be the most important one for me
    (i keep mine around 1500mg)

note: ignore my diary for december *LOL*.. i took a month off, getting back on track again now *S*
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I track fiber and sodium but I often don't do very well on either. Keeping sodium down seems to be particularly tough for me.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I track fiber and sodium. Sodium just out of curiosity even though I struggle to keep it under, and same with fiber -- I usually will supplement with psyllium husk if I feel like I haven't gotten enough from my foods for the day
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Sodium and cholesterol, since I am currently on medicines for high blood pressure and cholesterol issues.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    I also track carbs, protein and fat, aiming for a 40/30/30 ratio. It took a bit to find the perfect balance, but I now feel damn good!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    count-von-count-sesame-street.jpg

I barely count my calories. One day I'll start counting other things, though.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Carbs. Experience shows me that carbs make me chubby, lol. And I try to keep an eye on sodium. Sodium makes me fluffy and makes my rings tight. :blushing:
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Carbs, Fat, Sugar, SODIUM, Protein.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Calories, carbs, fats, proteins, sodium and cholesterol.