Quick and low cal lunches!

Options
LilMizDetermined
LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
Hey everyone!
I'd love to get some quick and low cal lunch ideas!! I get sooo tired of the same old thing! Here is an idea that I loooove!

1 can 4 oz chunk light tuna
2 tablespoons hot dog relish
12 sea salt pita crackers

It comes to 290 calories and is pretty filling for me :)

Replies

• Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So funny that you just posted this. As I'm typing I'm eating my tuna pouch (80cals) with shredded lettuce (1/2 cup for 4 cals), sweet relish (20cals) and 10 unsalted crackers (120 cals). For a grand total of 224.
  • tinkerpuppet
    tinkerpuppet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always struggle with lunches!

I make a vegetarian chili and freeze in 1c portions. So I'll have one of those (recipe calculator comes out about 200cal), and two pieces of whole wheat toast (no butter, I dip it in the chill) for 150cal. So 350cal in total.

I also make chicken noodle soup with homemade stock, egg noodles and frozen peas and corn. Very filling and about 300cal. I keep the stock in the freezer in 1.5c portions, quickly boil it, throw in a handful of egg noodles, simmer/boil for about 7min and pour over 1c mixed peas/corn in the bowl. The frozen veg cools the soup enough to eat. So very quick to boot!
  • krystalselanders
    krystalselanders Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    can of tuna, with low fat italian dressing.
    delicious!
    no need for crackers.
    Just eat veggies and yogurt as well if you are still hungry
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    we found a bbq place that makes smoked chicken breast. It really adds a lot of flavor to a sandwich
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    we found a bbq place that makes smoked chicken breast. It really adds a lot of flavor to a sandwich
  • bonniebrien
    bonniebrien Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make an awesome salad (lettuce, veg, feta, walnuts, light dressing) for 150 calories and also have a Bagel Thin toasted with 1 oz cream cheese. total for the bagel/cream cheese: 210. So 360 and it's very filling.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I also do the tuna sometimes with hot dog relish too. One of my favorites is and Ole High Fiber Low carb tortilla with shredded cheddar cheese and turkey breast slices. I will heat it in the microwave to melt the cheese then add about a cup of raw baby spinach. about about 250 calories. Lots of fiber and protein.
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    2 cups rainbow kale salad (shredded carrots and kale)
    1/3 can Chicken of the Sea tuna (in water)
    1/8 cup chopped pepperoncinis
    chopped tomato (about a slice or 2 worth)
    1 teaspoon alfalfa sprouts
    2 tbsp Olive Garden Italian Dressing

190 calories
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    2-3 tbsp hummus (70-105 cal)
    150 grams baby carrots, basically a big handful (53 cal)
    1/2 c cucumber slices (8 cal)
    2 stalks celery (12 cal)

Plus whatever other raw veggies I have around. they're all pretty low cal. If I'm really hungry, or I have worked out a lot, I'll also eat a sweet potato, edamae, or something like that to boost calories and/or protein. The whole lunch comes together in about 5 min.
  • heidithompson78
    Options
    I like
    100 cal. whole wheat high fiber wrap
    3oz turkey
    3oz ham
    .5oz cheese
    1/2 c lettuce

I heat the turkey and the ham prior to placing it in the wrap, it melts the cheese and there is no need for mayo
    about 290cals and super filling