Warm sweet and sour savoy cabbage

Options
TuscanySun
TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
I have to tell you guys...I made the most AMAZING dish tonite and it was totally off the cuff. Some of you may turn your nose up at cabbage but I've recently found savoy cabbage and have been experimenting. I tossed this in a pot tonite and OMG it came out so good, I may make it again tomorrow and have ONLY that for dinner!

1/4 head savoy cabbage, cut into thin ribbons
1/8 head red (purple) cabbage, cut into very thin ribbons
1 medium to large onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
salt (optional but it helps the taste)
apple cider vinegar (see below for amounts)
2 packets Truvia

Place olive oil in saute pan over medium heat.

Add both cabbages, onions and salt. Add 1 cap full (approx 1 tsp +/-) apple cider vinegar and 1 packet Truvia. Saute, stirring regularly. When cabbage is almost tender, add 1 to 2 more cap fulls of cider vinegar and 1 more packet Truvia. Saute till cabbage is tender. DONT over cook...leave a little crunch to them.

(Sorry the measurements are precise...I cook free-style)

It was sweet and tart and crispy and just a touch of salt....I'm hooked!

Replies

• prettywoman75
    Options
    I've made a variation of this with tart apples. My husband loved it! This looks like a great recipe!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Oooh...apples! I'm going to have to try that next time! Thanks for the idea!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... I'm so excited to try this! Thanks! :D I am a cabbage fiend.
  • foosgal65
    foosgal65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the program this evening. I love sweet & sour cabbage, or any cabbage. I will definitely try this one.