HRM choices

Options
Okay so I am trying to pick out a heart rate monitor but there are so many choices! What kind of HRM do you have? What do you like or don't like about it? I am thinking between Polar or MIO

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4- great!!! Amazing!!! but its the only one I have ever had....so I have nothing to compare it too! Just make sure you have chest strap and make sure you read the manuel when you get it to make sure you are caring for it correctly! :-)
  • crca7118
    Options
    I have a polar F11 I believe and I love it. All my friends that have bought any polar have been very happy with them. I have another friend who bought a garmin and said she got chaffing from the rubber band. The polar I have has a heart rate band that you can wash after you detach the monitor that snaps on & off. I got alot of help selecting what I wanted by going to the REI website and using the compare option. You don't have to buy it there but its a good way to see what you are missing. Ive had mine 4-5 years now and still love it. You cant go wrong with a Polar! They also work on almost every piece of equipment you use in the gym without holding on to the handles. :)
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with Polar. Ft4 or better will show how many calories you burn.

I use a Garmin since it has a GPS for cycling, running, etc. Overkill if you just want a HRM, worth the expense if you run or bike.
  • franklymydear1969
    Options
    I just got the Sportline Duo 1025 for Women today. Tried it tonight. I may have to reset some of the above/below limits, but I like it ok so far. I don't know how to translate how the calories are burned - it says 153.6 kc and 19g fat burned. That's the confusing part so far. It keeps up with when you go over your heart rate and below for the duration of the workout and beeps when you are over (I never went under).... Just my 2 cents.