Calories burned accoring to machine

Options
Should I go by the calories burned that is on the machines after I work out or by the ones in here in the exercise database? Help please

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm not a professional on this, but my personal preference would be to go according to the site, just for the sake of logging and counting that way. If the machine gives a higher number of calories burned, all the better! You've logged a minimum on the site and may have done better!
  • franklymydear1969
    Options
    Do you record your height/weight and/or age in the machine? I am wondering the same thing. My treadmill has that info programmed in, so I kind of think that might be a better gauge but would like other opinions.
  • chick808
    Options
    Yes I do record my weight, age etc. For example, on the bicycling (10-12 mph) on the site for 15 minutes shows it burns 93 calories at the gym it only shows 47!!! I am getting a little discouraged. My brother is a very much into fitness and working out he said to quit worrying about what the machine says and work out but I am finding that hard to do.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Trust the machine over MFP, especially if you entered your info in to it. They seem to over estimate a lot on here.
  • carriedennis
    Options
    I go by the site because it takes your age, weight, and height in account and most workout equipment don't
  • chick808
    Options
    I never thought about it not taking my height into account!! Good point