Hello, I'm Rob

Options
New to this site not new to weight loss. I have been struggling with my weight since I was 8, I'm now 41, 5'11" and as embarassing as this is to say I am now at 406. I was shocked when I went to the doctor and well he let me have it and good. Reminded me of what I'm giving up with my current fitness level. So here I am.

This is going to be a long road but little steps to start the journey and we'll see where it goes.

Good luck to us all

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Hey Rob! Welcome! You'll find lots of great information and VERY supportive people here.

Good luck on your journey!! :drinker:
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Welcome Rob!! Hope you have much sucess!! Good luck on your journey!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hey there, hang in, hold on, and have fun. You can do it!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You picked the right place for support in your journey to good health. :flowerforyou:
  • heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome and I l0VE THIS SITE!!! IT REALLY HELPS PUT THING S IN PERSPECTIVE!!lol BIG WORD FOR ME
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rob! We know you can do this!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Welcome, Rob!!! I love this place and commend you for your honesty! Hope you don't mind that I make a slight suggestion here but check out this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54234-the-over-300-club

They are an incredibly inspiring group of people and very accepting of everyone new! In the very least, read what they have to say! I wish you much motivation on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Laura021967
    Laura021967 Posts: 42
    Options
    Welcome to the club Rob!! You've come to the right place for support and motivation! It's the best place that I've found and I'm totally lovin it and I'm sure you will too!!!

Best of luck!!!

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You're not alone with this journey, or the amount you need to lose. There is a group for people who want to lose half their weight (give or take), there's a group for those who are over 300, and there's a bunch of other groups as well. Join a group so you have accountability and support. I'm a member of "T.H.E. Team (trying hard everyday)" and without that group of people I would have given up recently when I plateaued... but they are there to motivate me and kick me in the butt when I need it. :smile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :heart: welcome! good for you for taking this positive step. there are so many great people here and mini-groups--sure to help you stay focused on your goal.
    we are all here to help you succeed--b/c you deserve to be your BEST you!

:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,959 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. Someone suggested the over 300 club. That might be a good place to start. they will all understand where you are and be able to offer some great encouragement and motivation.

Never, never, never, give up :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Rob, I'm almost 52 and too embarassed to say what I weigh. You've already taken the first step. The next is to make changes (some minor - try lights/sugar free) and start moving. That's what I am doing. I will never diet again. You've done that yourself so you know what I mean. Just start making lifestyle changes-ones you can live with forever and just try (one meal at a time) to eat better. I made 3 changes to start - My cream for my coffee became sugar free, I only drank diet pop, and I added veggies and more fiber. I also started walking at first only 15-20 min a day. Little changes add up - I've already lost 7 lbs. Hoping the next time I weigh in to be down by another 3-5 lbs. I don't know if any of this info will help you, but I looked thru alot of success stories on this site to get my support/ideas/etc. - I know this site can help you too - Keeping you and everyone else at MFP in my prayers. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rob! :flowerforyou:

I'm sure you will love this site as much as I do. It is a wonderful group of supportive and caring people. I've only been here for 3 weeks, and I've already had better luck, more support, and learned more about how to eat healthy than I ever did on my own or with Weight Watchers (of which I joined 3 times)!

Good luck and have fun! :happy:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rob you can do it no matter, how big or small the journey is, you can do whatever you put your mind to
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Glad you are here Rob. I know you can accomplish what you have set out to do. Take it one day at a time.