Smaller goals

Options
I'm setting smaller goals for myself to start with. Makes it seem more attainable. I want to lose 60 pounds but set my first goal at 30. Makes me feel that I can accomplish it that way.

Replies

• Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That is a smart idea. I know that I'm not going to get my ultimate goal very fast, not with stress and school and whatnot..

But I really want to get to 10 lbs lost by the end of January =)
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i am trying to lose 47lbs.. i wanted to set my first baby step goal towards achieving that by losing 10lbs.. now my goal is to lose 4lbs .. when i make it in smaller doses it helps me get to the big kahuna. i get overwhelmed at the thought of having to lose 47lbs ..i am not overwhelmed at losing 10 or 4 ..especially after ive lost 80lbs.. four lbs is a piece of cake to me !!
  • smmanda14
    Options
    I agree! Even though losing 50lbs is my ultimate goal, once I get to 15lbs I'm going to reward myself with a pedicure! :)
  • amonkey9
    Options
    I'm hopeing to lose 10lbs by the end of February AT LEAST!
  • MommaRune
    Options
    I'm planning on weighing in every 10 days instead of every week. I know that works with WW but I feel like the additional days make me less neurotic and more inclined to use moderation. One "bad" day in 10 is easier to make up for than one in seven.

Anyway, instead of rewarding myself with weight oriented goals, I 'm rewarding myself at every weigh-in. Another 10 days of change. 10 days closer to understanding a better life.

I give myself little rewards- manis and pedis, massages, facials, fun earrings...today it was a big iced coffee. Cream and S&L, of course. But a treat, nonetheless.