Bodyrock.tv

Options
Any out there doing Bodyrock.tv? I've been checking this website out, and I can say I want to look exactly like Zuzana!!!! Wow!

Anyways, I'm still a little confused about the workouts. How long is each workout normally? And is this the only workout you do for the day, or do you add add'l cardio and/or strength training/weights afterwards?

Any advice anyone could give me on getting started would be much appreciated!!! Thanks :-)

Replies

• kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bump! Anybody out there???
  • kmorris246
    Options
    Trying one more time!

Really want to try the workouts on this site, but I'm not sure if I should be incorporating other exercise as well? Anyone else doing these bodyrock.tv workouts?
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have done a few of her workouts and they are tough. I would count it as a strength training workout, because of the nature of her workouts, they seem to average about 20 min so it you wanted to add some cardio that would probably be ok. Don't be fooled my the shortness of these workouts, the ones that I did were intense. Have fun. :)
  • meee398
    meee398 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The workouts generally range from 12-20mins long.
    Everyone involved in the site (Zuzana, Freddy, Sean, Lisa, etc) say they only do the bodyrock workouts. I do know of a few people who have done a couple of routines back to back or done some running or weights extra, but that's usually the slightly more "uber" fit people in my opinion.
    The workouts are structured so you do strength training as well as cardio so I usually don't do anything extra apart from warm up and cool down.

I think the 30 day challenge on the site now is a good place to start. Just don't get discouraged. Keep pushing through the workout, which you would think is easier because they're short.

Also check out the bodyrock group on this site. It's filled with a lot of supportive and helpful bodyrockers.

Enjoy!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day challenge. I am week behind. So, I am on day 4. I am not sold that this all I need to get my bum in shape but it's a nice push & add to whatever else I decide to do. I just like mixing things as to not get bored.
  • kmorris246
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I really am thinking I'm going to give this a go. I'm SO stuck on calorie burn- I want to see like a 300 cal burn for each workout, and I know thats impossible in a 12 minute workout :-( I know its not about the calorie burn, but what you get out of the workout- but I can't help myself LOL! I'm such a foodie I want those extra cals to eat ;-)

Thanks for all the great info! I'm going to look for that Bodyrock group :-)
  • franklymydear1969
    Options
    I have been watching Lisa Marie's workouts and try to incorporate some of her moves into some moves I learned from Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred.... I like variety and Lisa M's is different every day but very intense 12 minutes or so. GL!
  • kmorris246
    Options
    Yes, these workouts are super intense! Ladies- when you do these exercise, how many calories are you burning on average?
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I strictly do bodyrock and sometimes add a run a couple times a month to break it up. I usually record my workouts as 10 calories burned a minute or just under that depending on the amount of cardio in the workout! Good luck, here is a great link of all the bodyrock workouts that you can pick and choose from going back a couple of years ago, its great!
    http://fitness.litealloy.ru/workouts/tags
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    People who've worked out with me doing my usual routine have said my workouts were really "hard"..

Now when they say that I show them Zuzana's video routines and they stop complaining really fast in fear I'll try to get them to do one of hers lol.

I do my own workout routines which are slightly less grueling, but I enjoy the recipes so I check bodyrock pretty regularly to see if there's any new recipes up. Her Portabella pizza recipe is the way I make mine, yum.

Watching her workouts has made me put more gusto into my own routines though, where before I was a little more cautious in fear I might hurt myself, now I just go for it. If she can toss those sandbags around like that, then I can certainly do my lunges a little deeper lol.
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love BR and have been following it for quite some time. BR is what I stick to the most - once in awhile I'll do Jillian Michaels a bit. I do often add more cardio to a workout to make it over 20 minutes even if it's just skip roping etc. Sometimes I will do a double BR workout - the current one and then pick an oldie to follow. Rarely do I feel the need to complete any additional weight / strength workouts afterwards because the main workout is draining enough. =)

BR workouts can be pretty intense. I highly recommend you bring yourself into them slowly. (If they want you to do 30 reps of something, try starting with 15 until you get used to them.) When I started, I found a couple relatively easy workouts and stuck with those for a couple weeks until the soreness went away.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Love BR! I do these workouts daily, but I also have started lifting weights as well. FYI it looks like Zuzana is going to be making her own workouts apart from BR, once she starts posting her workouts I am going to do them. I love Freddy, & Sean, Lisa is cool but there is no one like Zuzka. I'm glad she is back! Either way I'm sure her workouts will be similar to the BR workouts!

I would suggest you start with the 30 program that they have now, complete the fitness test for day 1 and go from there. It seems like a good way to start bodyrocking! Good luck, feel free to add me :smile:
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I think that once I get my strength up where I want it to be, I'm going to switch over to this for maintenance and endurance training. The physiques on these folks is truly epic.
  • Mrs_Sweeney23
    Mrs_Sweeney23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bodyrock! I have lost 20 pounds doing BR and eating clean :)
  • liz0718
    Options
    ive been doing body rock every day. However i cant see a big difference in my body i am already thin though so putting on muscle is hard for me.
  • smustakeem
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Zuzana...was with bodyrock until she left...so now (like others who kept up with her) I am supporting her through the ZWOW/Zuzana Power Cardio Series she has. ---- I just got the DVDS and I am on Day 2 (but still on Workout #1) and my body is SOREEEEE! So its definitely worth it especially when its 12 mins per day. Mind you I take longer b/c I am so out of shape but I feel a difference in my body and energy. Definitely check her out on FB and really everywhere, she is outdoing bodyrock b/c of so many loyal fans it seems.