Ocharleys...too many calories

Options
Got a club sandwich from ocharleys for sons birthday today. Plugged it in and it said
1194 calories. Granted I didnt have the honey mustard but how much less does that make it?!
I am so pissed now!!!:mad:

so much for today being good. AHHHHH!

Replies

• roadtripfool
    Options
    Ya should have shared some with me!!!!!!!!!! I could have at least halved that for ya! :wink:

Yeah, here's to American restaurants NOT caring about our health. :angry:

I eat out twice a day due to my job! I have to do the research BEFORE I go out. And 90% of foods are "no-go's" for me. It's just what it is!

Way to learn, though! Bet ya don't eat one of those again!!! :laugh:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I can't walk in that place! The rolls always get me, plus their salads are way high in calories, can't win for losin there. :ohwell:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Me too about the rolls! I don't even want to smell them! Shake it off and have a better day tomorrow! :smile:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Ya should have shared some with me!!!!!!!!!! I could have at least halved that for ya! :wink:

Yeah, here's to American restaurants NOT caring about our health. :angry:

I eat out twice a day due to my job! I have to do the research BEFORE I go out. And 90% of foods are "no-go's" for me. It's just what it is!

Way to learn, though! Bet ya don't eat one of those again!!! :laugh:

Same here. Eating out is tough.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I can relate because I had a grande hot chocolate from Starbucks and was surprised to see it was 540 calories! I get an mocha frap from them that is half that. I won't be getting one of those anytime soon because that drink is basically my breakfast and lunch calories!
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    I have a book that covers calorie/carbs/fat/protein/fiber for almost all the popular "fast food" type chains. Never leave home without it.

BTW, the breakdown I have for the club from ocharleys is a little less. Here's the breakdown according to my book:

Calories: 1020
    Carbs: 83
    Fat: 59
    Protein: 44
    Fiber: 5
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Eating out is way hard. I went out tonight and had a grilled chicken sandwich (no cheese, just this poppyseed dressing stuff) and a cup of French onion soup. That at up pretty much all of the 900 calories I had alotted. YIKES.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat Posts: 5
    Options
    I feel your pain!

My weakness has always been the Olive Garden. I took the family out the other night and I was staring at the menu, I could hear the calories adding up in my head with an adding machine.

I ended up taking a flyer on the Apricot chicken. Turns out, it was about the best thing on the menu. And get this....I had salad WITHOUT dressing (gasp!) and zero breadsticks.

How do you go to the OG and not eat breadsticks? COMMITMENT!!!!!!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!

My weakness has always been the Olive Garden. I took the family out the other night and I was staring at the menu, I could hear the calories adding up in my head with an adding machine.

I ended up taking a flyer on the Apricot chicken. Turns out, it was about the best thing on the menu. And get this....I had salad WITHOUT dressing (gasp!) and zero breadsticks.

How do you go to the OG and not eat breadsticks? COMMITMENT!!!!!!

I've had the apricot chicken--it is good! And salad with dressing on the side. :wink: