shakeology ?

Options
So, I recently heard about Shakeology and read great reviews on it too. I want to give it a try but still a bit hesitant because I want to loose the lbs the healthy way. Have any of you tried Shakeology ? What was your results ? Did you maintained them afterwards ? Is it hard ? Please lemme know what your experience was like with Shakeology ... Thank you :)

Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    It's an overpriced gimmick. Stick to eating healthy and you'll lose the weight :)

ETA: 99% of the positive reviews you read about shakeology are from people who sell the stuff.
  • JenMK4678
    JenMK4678 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who uses it and LOVES it! You can use it as a meal replacement, so I was thinking maybe breakfast since it is hardest for me as I am running out the door in the mornings.

I looked on the beach body website...she is actually my coach too : )

It looks really pricey and that is one of my hesitations, but every one of the reviews sounded great! She is going to let me try some of hers tonight.

I'll keep you posted!
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Shakeology but if your looking for a meal replacement Herbalife is the way to go.
  • morelandmichelle
    Options
    I don't know about Shakeology but if your looking for a meal replacement Herbalife is the way to go.

my mum is currently on Herbalife - she has had AMAZING results. I'm gobsmacked by them to be honest. I wish I could do it but its too expensive for me at present.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use Syntrax... 4 calories per gram of protien so it has nothing in it except protien... no fat, carbs, etc... very clean and much, much, much much cheaper.

But, that being said I use protien to replace amino acids in my damaged muscles after doing intense workouts, not as a part of a weight loss plan. My weight loss plan consists of a) burning more than I eat b) eating enough to continue to exercise and lose weight.

Good luck, either way you are thinking about your diet and that is half the battle.... IMO
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I've been wondering about them too. I have a friend who did a cleanse with them and dropped about 4 pounds. Not sure how long it last or how she used it during her cleanse, but she swears by them. They would seem like a good meal replacement in the morning when I'm in a rush, but they are super expensive! I would probably pass on them.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I was emailed out of the blue by a a "coach" that endorses shakeology and the challenges. The challenge is what she had initially contacted me for. I immediately asked how much. It was of course through the roof. That was my stopping block. :\
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I've used it for a month, works good, pretty thick though. Hard to mix without a blender. I used a shaker cup. Cost got to be too much though, would rather have healthy snacks and a protien shake.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It's an overpriced gimmick. Stick to eating healthy and you'll lose the weight :)

ETA: 99% of the positive reviews you read about shakeology are from people who sell the stuff.

Agreed.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I got a free week's supply of Shakeology when I bought the Insanity DVDs, it's ok tasting but I definitely wouldn't buy it, it's waaayyyy too expensive and I'm not that impressed. You can get cheaper stuff at Walmart or other stores that have the same nutrients.

It's quite the hot topic here on the forums.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Do your research and you will find that it is over priced for the ingredients it contains and doesn't use high quality forms of vitamins and minerals. For the price of the product you would expect a much higher quality product.

If you feel you must supplement with an MRP, it's much cheaper to take a multi and protein shake. Add in fruits/veggies/fats etc
  • Julieothree
    Julieothree Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I currently have 2 bags of it sitting on my shelf. I mixed it with chocolate almond milk and it tasted pretty good. It's very thick and is a good meal replacement. As for feeling better, I didn't notice much. I'm vegetarian and wanted a protein shake without soy. It is very over priced, but is a good, quick protein source.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Two of my co-workers drink it. They love it. They also - uh - spend A LOT of time in the bathroom -=nudge nudge=-. I think they have free samples. Might want to test one of those out for size, first? It is definitely a price commitment!!

Personally, I like the very affordable "Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey". I have both vanilla and chocolate. I have 5lb containers of both, so I plan on trying more flavors once those are gone. With the vanilla, I even invented a protein powder (with oats) pancake...Yummo.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

100% this. Same goes for Herbalife.
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Wow ! Thanks for the responses guys ... I can read as much reviews anywhere else but I'll always trust my MFP peeps ! Thank you everyone ..I think I will skip it and stick with good healthy eating instead :)
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use it, I sell it, and I love it!

I say try it and go by your own judgement. It's not for everyone. :-) I know I don't have to take a whole bunch of vitamins everyday now. Just the Shakeology!

Nutrition IS #1 for fitness. No doubt about it!

Thanks for sharing everyone!

SLB :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I say try it and go by your own judgement. It's not for everyone. :-) I know I don't have to take a whole bunch of vitamins everyday now. Just the Shakeology!

Your ignorance on vitamins and minerals is outstanding, apparently the forms of vitamins don't mean anything?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

Your ignorance on vitamins and minerals is outstanding, apparently the forms of vitamins don't mean anything?

...but it has a 'proprietary super fruit blend'.
  • JenMK4678
    JenMK4678 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I got some from my friend and I thought it was ok. Like the other person said, it was really thick. I know you can add things to it, I tried it with skim milk, and peanut butter, also with strawberries. I just don't think it is for me. The price is just too high and I don't think I would stick to it.

Just wanted to tell you what I thought about it. You should try it for yourself though if you have a way to get a sample sent to you.

: )Good luck.