What time do you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• december8teen
    Options
    Eating early doesn't "jump start" your metabolism. This is based on myth that unfortunately hasn't died yet.

Thermic effect of food is based on calories (primarily) and macronutrient composition. It is not based on frequency.

You can go upwards of 3 days without food before any negative effects on metabolism.

So, I would suggest that if you're not hungry, don't eat breakfast. See how you feel doing this and also see how it effects your decisions when it does come time to eat later in the day.

For SOME people, not eating breakfast causes them to overeat (when I say overeat, I mean go beyond their daily goal intake). For others, it's a great strategy because it allows them to "bank" calories for later in the day.

I prefer not eating breakfast and my intake is at 3200 currently. It allows me to effectively eat more later during the day since I'm not eating those calories earlier.

^ Everything above.

I usually bank my calories till later as well.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I eat around 6am.. it is scientifically proven to jump start my metabolism. Around six am my metabolism is around 655 if you eat around 6am and use a meta monitor it shows a spike of +150!!!

When I ate around 5 am the spike was only +50 and when I ate past 8am it was a measly +25.

please provide sources of this scientific proof.

cramer_molsysbio_2011_500.jpg
  • xtinalovexo
    Options
    ^made using meta monitor pro^
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast late, around 11 or noon. I dont get hungry until then. After a few hours I get hungry and eat a small lunch, around 2. Then I eat two small dinners later on a few hours apart. I say listen to your body, eat when you know youre hungry, and dont force it when youre not.
  • kimamanda65
    Options
    i wake up at 5 starving so eat and then go back to bed for 2 hours i find when i wake up the second time im as regular as clockwork it works for me i have lunch at elevn and dinner around 5 i get munchies of apples and oranges but it is working for me
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    this quarter i get up at 8:45 and start class at 9:55. i eat my breakfast at the begining of that class 4/7 days a week, the other days are whenever i get up
  • khua0808
    Options
    Depends, on campus 7-8 am before class, on break probably 3 pm (sleep too much)
  • CatEyes27
    Options
    I get up at 0600 and drink at least 2 glasses of water while I get ready and head to work. I eat at work around 0800 and have a snack at 1000 with lunch at 1230. I like getting some of my water intake in early. I'm rarely hungry when I wake up but like knowing I'll have my breakfast while I read thru my emails in the morning. If I don't eat, I crave junk food so I make sure to eat by 0900.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Depends on the morning.. Monday/Wednesday its usually something small ( like 100 calories small) when I wake up before class and then something else when I come back at 10. I use this strategy pretty much everyday unless I wake up at a rediculous hour like noon or something
  • geauxsaints1
    Options
    I wake up at 0600 and eat breakfast at 0715. I am ready to eat! I never use to eat breakfast, but I can't go without it now! Whole grains, fruit, and soy milk. Husband and daughter are gone by that time and I leave for work about 0740. Love the quiet time! :smile:
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    I get up between 6-7 I'm not usually hungry till around 11-12. But they days that I am hungry I will eat breakfast. I stuggled with the whole don't skip breakfast thing for a long time, but it didn't make sense to me to eat when you're not hungry, so I don't until I am hungry. Do what works for you.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Right away. I always wake up hungry.

6am on Tuesday/Thursday, 7am on Sat/Sun, and 8-9am the rest of the week.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I eat around 6am.. it is scientifically proven to jump start my metabolism. Around six am my metabolism is around 655 if you eat around 6am and use a meta monitor it shows a spike of +150!!!

When I ate around 5 am the spike was only +50 and when I ate past 8am it was a measly +25.

i honestly have no idea what any of that means. please explain it.
  • phatgirl30
    Options
    i eat within an hour of waking up.
  • BrandyGThomas
    BrandyGThomas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually eat "breakfast" about 1/2 hour to an hour after I wake up...I'm not hungry right when I get up, but after about 30 min my stomach is grumbling. I call it breakfast cuz it's my first meal of the day, but it's usually between 12pm-1pm. I stay up really late, so sleep in really late. If I am up early for some reason, I cannot eat anything. Eating too early in the morning makes me nauseous. Lunch is usually between 3pm-4pm. Dinner between 6pm-7pm. Then I have some kind of evening snack before going to bed.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

i honestly have no idea what any of that means or how it relates to metabolism. please explain it.
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    i dont eat breakfast, i know its bad
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    well I am always hungry, but I eat within 1 hour or even less.
  • claire_90
    Options
    usually after I get ready for the day ..average morning for me is

5:50am alarm starts going off
    6:20am I actually drag myself out of bed
    6:30am make up, hair, get dressed
    6:55am breakfast
    7:00am in the car to go to work
    Then I don't get a break for lunch until 2pm so even if I'm not hungary then I need to have breakfast because I work at a cafe with cookies and brownies and muffins and if I didn't have breakfast I'd be snacking on them until lunch!
  • xtinalovexo
    Options

i honestly have no idea what any of that means or how it relates to metabolism. please explain it.

In the spider-web of facts, many a truth is strangled.