Easly Lunches for Work

Options
beauty4600
beauty4600 Posts: 2 Member
Help! I need some super easy ideas for lunches that I can take to work. I NEVER get up early enough to fix anything so it needs to be prepared the night before. I have a microwave, toaster oven, and fridge at work. Also, I am a fairly picky eater soooo yeah I need some really yummy food that isn't too out there. Thanks!

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love to pack a ton of veggies and some low cal ranch dip. I also love cheese and crackers, apples with yogurt for dipping... 100 calorie snack packs... I'm a snacker, could you tell? haha.
  • ViderLaCroix
    Options
    Salad is always the way to go. Get some boiled egg whites, some tuna/chicken and some lettuce and you're there! I also take some Nabrisco 100 calorie snack packs with me so that I'm fending off the hunger throughout the day. Also, if you want something extra in your salad I suggest peanuts (unsalted). Its great as a snack too and high in protein!
  • pinkpassionfruit
    Options
    Depending on if you like to cook when you're not working - I like to make a pot of soup or a vegetable lasagna that I can pre-portion and take to work for the week (and you can freeze the rest!). Depending on how you feel about frozen meals you could always do something like that to (although even things like lean cuisines are pretty high in sodium and have proportionally high fat content). If you want to do salads or something you can do it the night before and just keep the dressing and any croutons or bread products in a separate container.
  • beauty4600
    beauty4600 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea!
  • earnestdennard2l
    Options
    TAKE A PACK OF BONELESS CHICKEN STRIPS SEASON WITH YOUR YOUR FAVORITE HERBS OR WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. THEN YOU CUT EACH STRIP INTO QUARTERS...LET IT SIT WHILE YOUR PAN/WOK IS HEATING WITH A BIT OF OLIVE OIL IN THE BOTTOM....WHEN THE PAN IS AT DESIRED TEMP ADD YOUR CHICKEN! COOK TIL NICE AND GOLDEN...ONIONS AND PEPPERS ARE OPTIONAL(KEEP YOUR BREATH IN MIND)! FINALLY.....DRIZZLE CHICKEN WITH PURE HONEY AS YOU TURN THE HEAT TO LOW AND LET IT SIMMER FOR A MINUTE OR TWO! A DELICIOUS QUALITY, HEALTHY, CHEAP MEAL UNDER 12 MINUTES!
    HINT....THIS ALSO WORKS WITH BONELESS(SKINLESS) THIGHS AS WELL!
    HINT...ADD A BAG OF UNCLE BEN'S BROWN BOIL-IN-BAG RICE FOR THOSE WHO GOTTA HAVE RICE!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    this is mine today, left overs from last night and prepared last night...

Chicken and strawberry salad

v6ofsy.jpg
  • Blaizen
    Blaizen Posts: 16
    Options
    I pack the night before too. I do a half sandwich or wrap. Then I mix it up on my sides. I have been doing veggies or pretzels with hummus or apple slices with greek yogurt lately.
  • earnestdennard2l
    Options
    THAT LOOKS GREAT! CAN I SAVE THAT PIC? I'M COOKING THAT FOR LUNCH!
  • kkm2605
    kkm2605 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make all our lunches (we're a family of 4) right after dinner... I am already in the kitchen and then there is one clean up to do after (dishes, etc..)
    On Sundays, I prepare soups and meals for the week - I did post a cabbage soup recipe which is really awesome!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I make all our lunches (we're a family of 4) right after dinner... I am already in the kitchen and then there is one clean up to do after (dishes, etc..)
    On Sundays, I prepare soups and meals for the week - I did post a cabbage soup recipe which is really awesome!

I just posted a cabbage soup recipe, too! Can I have yours?
  • KatieCuth
    Options
    THAT LOOKS GREAT! CAN I SAVE THAT PIC? I'M COOKING THAT FOR LUNCH!

it was just chicken on the bbq, the salad is strawberries marinated in balsamic and olive oil... put those in seperate container... then pour over leaves...
  • earnestdennard2l
    Options
    LOOKS GREAT! THANX!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I have a basic salad that I make every day - and then I add protein - mostly from whatever I cooked the night before (chicken, steak, shrimp) - or eggs, can of tuna, some ham.....

Oh - and I also keep a bit of my vegetables from the night before to add to the salad....

I pack everything for the salad the night before - so just have to take all the little bits to work and put it all together on the day....

Here is an example of what my salad would look like - and the ingredients:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/recipe-beef-and-cauliflower-salad-135321
  • KatieCuth
    Options
    I have a basic salad that I make every day - and then I add protein - mostly from whatever I cooked the night before (chicken, steak, shrimp) - or eggs, can of tuna, some ham.....

Oh - and I also keep a bit of my vegetables from the night before to add to the salad....

I pack everything for the salad the night before - so just have to take all the little bits to work and put it all together on the day....

Here is an example of what my salad would look like - and the ingredients:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/recipe-beef-and-cauliflower-salad-135321

looks beautiful i do the same kind of thing.. you still need to be organised the night before but worth it.
  • Stacy533
    Stacy533 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This would also help me, get bored of the usual soup/sandwiches or baked potato's
  • donnarastetter
    donnarastetter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fridge at work so I take 1 cinnamon swirl bread w/1 T Parker's P. Butter, 1 cup raw veggies & a Special K Protein Bar. In the afternoon I have a fruit & cheese stick.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of something. Chili. Stew. Soup. Casserole. And then I freeze it in lunch size portions. I just pull one out of the freezer in the morning and I'm good to go. It also acts as a cold pak for the rest of my lunch bag.
  • scott2178
    Options
    One of the best decisions I've made is packing a weeks lunch at a time and taking it to work.

I keep a loaf of bread, peanut butter, healthy breakfast & snack bars in a drawer. I take a lunch bag for the fridge with a pack of deli meat, low cal mayo, mustard, yogurt, string cheese, and fruits and vegetables.

So basically take the fixings and make it at work. It's easier for me to pack once a week and it's pretty inexpensive. I also keep 2 - 3 Healthy Choice Steamers at work in the event I forget to take my food on Monday or as a break from the norm.

I even keep a box of cereal and a gallon of milk at work for breakfast.
  • rosa7981
    Options
    That sounds delish. im gonna try to do that this weekend.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Spa Cuisine. I look for the lowest carb and sodium content. I also add extra frozen veggies ( Always have some left over from dinners) to make them more filling without adding extra cal and salt.