busy moms?

Options
2»

Replies

• mjdomm00
    mjdomm00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 children, 8,11,15 and 17. Working an almost full-time part-time job with a husband that travels often. 20 lbs to lose and this time I mean it! I could use some support.
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a six year old. She just started kindergarten this year. I work full time as a RN friday, sat, and sun 12 hour shifts and go to school full time during the week. I just finished my RN-BSN and am now moving on to my Masters so I am a busy bee. Any busy moms can add me. I gained a lot of weight the last five years with the added stress of nursing school and am now starting to lose it.
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have 2 children (11 and 8). I work fulltime and go to school fulltime as well. Occasionally I work my parttime job. Plus all the running around for the kids band, dance, and basketball. It gets to be quite a full day but I do put my exercise time in and know that I need to think about me...
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I welcome any moms to add me too! I am a Mom to three kids - a son aged 6, a son aged 4, and a daughter aged 2. I work full time outside the home too. I am doing pretty well with my healthy eating most of the time (two recent lapses) and okay with fitting in exercise, about 3 times a week. The weight is coming off slowly, but it is coming off. My original goal was to loose 60 lbs, so I have 49 more pounds to go! Good luck in your weight loss journey! MFP has been great.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!

I'm a Mom to a 5 yr old boy. I work full time and with the stinkin' time change it's only light outside for maybe 45 mins. So if my husband is home in time, I'll for a 2 mile walk real quick before the sun sets.

I then come home and do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's great because it's short and gets the job done. It'll kick your butt though! Tonight my son was watching me work out and he kept asking me to do things for him. "Mommy, can you open this? Mommy, what are you doing? Mommy, here, you can eat my pickle" I was dying for air as it was and he was such a distraction. LOL. The best line was "Mommy, she said not to go too deep in a lunge" Thanks buddy! I appreciate the help! I couldn't yell at him of course because he was only being a kid but OY!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • cdevinb
    Options
    Mom of 6 kids! Add me too!

How the Heck did you lose 34lbs with 6 kids!!! Wowowow!!!
  • GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :). I am a single mom to a 6 year old and am completing my Bachelor's right now at University. Busy days! I have *tons* of video type workouts (Pilates, Jillian Michaels, Skinny***** workouts). I usually stick to 20 minute workouts at home. I also have a school gym pass (50 bucks for a year!) and run whenever I have time in between classes.
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can add me..
    Im a full time stay at home mom of 5 wonderful kids whom I also home school and sports while I finish my own degree.. No time for me at all but summers help me lose weight and the kids like to work out with me :-)
  • Vonny_Vr
    Vonny_Vr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids, 3 still at home, work full time and am taking college courses online so I would love it if you would add me to your support group! Together we can get it done!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You can add me too....SAHM to a 6 yr old and 1 yr old....both girls! My oldest is involved in stuff mon-wed....so we are on the go ALOT with baby in tow since husband works out of town and insane hours!
  • kyra619
    Options
    I am a stay at home to a very energetic 4 yr old boy and a feisty 2.5 yr old little girl; I just started using MFP this past week. My goal is to be 50lbs lighter by next year. please feel free to add me. I need all the support and help I can get; I try to work out at least 5 times a week, but its so difficult so far this week I have worked out 3 days. :0)
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 yr old girl who's full of energy. Not sure where she keeps it all. Im also a shift worker -12 hours shift.. im in my 12th year of this job and i do love it.. although, i've gained lots of weight the last 12 years - Im a police dispatcher, sitting on my but for 12 hours - either 4 or 5 days in a row. not easy to get movivated to work out on those days. But I'm changing that.

I'd love more friend to add - so, if you're interested.. please add me - we can all motivate eachother!
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So glad there so many of us!
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a busy mom! I work 3 jobs during tax season, and have 4 kids, and thought now was a good idea to start losing weight lol :laugh:
    Sorry, hit enter.....I meant to add feel free to add me!
  • jcarter2569
    jcarter2569 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Busy and frustrated mom here!

Work all day, gone from 7am-6pm. When I get home, my evening is dedicated to making dinner for the family and getting my toddler ready for bed. When my husband and I do take the time to work out, I feel guilty that we are leaving the baby with my 13-year old when we haven't seen her all day. By the time she goes to sleep (10pm, she's a nite owl like her mommy) I am exhausted and I try to relax and have some "me time" by reading or playing on the internet. I can't sleep until 12 or 2am, then DING! It's 6am and my husband (who is sound asleep by 9-10pm) and I are groggily getting the baby ready for school and we are getting ready for work. And the cycle continues, day-in, day-out.

I am sure you ladies all can relate. I'm not complaining...I LOVE my family, but I sure wish I could take more time for me to work on me, ya' know?

For those people who don't have kids and say, "well just bring your kids to walk/run/bike/gym with you"-are you kidding me? After a long day at daycare or school, the LAST thing they want to do is freeze their butts off at the jogging track or sit at the gym's daycare.

I've been at this since 9/15/11 and I've lost 18 pounds in 17 weeks. I know slow and steady is the way to win, but I am seeing a doctor weekly, taking phentermine diet pills, working out HARD at least 2-3x a week, staying under my calorie goals 9.5 out of 10 times and my measurements have only dropped an inch and a half! ARRRRGH! Frustrating....got on the doctor's scale with body fat calculator and I've lost a little under 2% of my body fat in those 17 weeks. Not horrible, but sure as crap not as great as I've been working. The tape measure doesn't lie and neither does the scale, so I'm starting to get a bit peeved.

Don't want to fall back into those gimmicky diets that severely restrict one category (such as low carb Atkins, or low fat-high carb, etc).

Well, I won't give up. This is GOING to happen. This is MY year. I am putting it out to the universe! :glasses:
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Im also a new busy mommy here to a very good 3and a half month old! Im sure all thr momma's hereknow what its like with such a new bubba in the house. Please, any mommys feel free to add me,i would love the motivation and inspiration
  • NCVF
    NCVF Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So I have a chance to work out today, and I dont want to! I can't even blame my kids because they are with my husband. :/ It's snowing like crazy! I live 30 minutes away from work and I'm supposed to work out with a friend after work here in town. Debating on whether or not to do it. The drive home will be sooo long. I have church tonight and want to eat dinner before church. Ugghhhh. NO excuses!
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm a little 'meh' because my 5 yr old is home with me and my husband isn't home from work yet. I always do a 2 mile walk before it gets dark. My son said he wanted to come if I'd take him to Subway. Okay, bribery works for me today. However, it's a mile walk there and a mile back. I warned him. He said he'd do it. I said no whining, he said okay.

We got to the end of my road and he was tired. Walking slow. And went from just a little whiney to mega meltdown. OHHHHHH dear me!

We got home, I let him go play, I start my 30 Day Shred. Someone knocks at the door. OYYYY!