broken scales??

Options
I know this is probably a really stupid question but its early!

I weigh myself everyday I know some people don't agree with this but its just what I do plus I like to see the changes through the week/month.

So anyway for just over a week now my scales have been saying exactly 145lb even after I eat they say the same I'm finding it quite strange as usually if I ever on the rare occasion weigh myself after food I gain at least a 1lb to the earlier reading. So I was wondering could they be broken?

I also wanted to ask is their a weight limit on digital scales?

Replies

• kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    do you have any hand weights? if so weigh yourself holding those if it goes up the right amount it should be fine if it doesnt its prob broken
  • pollypriday
    Options
    That's what I did too...I jumped on while holding some dumbells...the weight adjusted and then I was able to weigh myself correctly and accurately afterwards...sometimes it is a sign that you need to change the batteries...the display may start to fade soon.:smile:
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Didn't have any weights so I got my 6yr old to stand on them who is obviously not 145lb and it said exactly the same. Will have to go get a new battery today

Thanks for all your help :)
  • kupc4k3
    kupc4k3 Posts: 12
    Options
    I swear my scale is broken. We know that 1 pound of fat is 3,500 Calories. I don't think I have burned or ate 3,500 Calories from when I go on a bike ride and back, but yet my scale thinks I gain or lose this one pound every single time I weight myself.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale that is from sometime in 2008. I am wondering if it is getting too old therefore goofing up. I say this because I can get on the scale 3 different time and it seems to register a different #. So I have to weigh several times till I get 2 of the same #. I replaced the batteries about a month ago and it doesnt happen everyday but most days it says different #'s. So my question is do you think it is time to replace it? Or do others have scales that have a mind of it's own also?
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I swear my scale is broken. We know that 1 pound of fat is 3,500 Calories. I don't think I have burned or ate 3,500 Calories from when I go on a bike ride and back, but yet my scale thinks I gain or lose this one pound every single time I weight myself.

Water weight gain or loss = reason why you're scale shows a higher/lower number.

Fat isn't the only thing that can cause the scale to read a different number.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale that is from sometime in 2008. I am wondering if it is getting too old therefore goofing up. I say this because I can get on the scale 3 different time and it seems to register a different #. So I have to weigh several times till I get 2 of the same #. I replaced the batteries about a month ago and it doesnt happen everyday but most days it says different #'s. So my question is do you think it is time to replace it? Or do others have scales that have a mind of it's own also?

Are you standing on it the exact same place each time? With it in the exact same place on the floor?
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yes, always on my bathroom tile floor in the same spot. It gives me different #'s so I have to go with the one that shows the most! lol I think I got it early in 2008.