new member------strange site

iamme
iamme Posts: 4 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone...well i got here by using the food diary....now i am not sure about the site....how does it work? is everyone on the same diet or all different and tools are provided on here?
the site seems really good, i am still trying to find my way about. i saw the recipies page and think maybe lots of people here are from America. i am from England.
i think the tools are great on here and its pretty easy to find out whats what. is anyone on any particular diet wich seems to be working for them or is the diet to keep inside the guidelines?

i landed her by accident.....but i kinda like it!

thanks everyone

xxxxxx

Replies

• iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    chalkwriter.gif

WELCOME ABOARD!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    hi everyone...well i got here by using the food diary....now i am not sure about the site....how does it work? is everyone on the same diet or all different and tools are provided on here?
    the site seems really good, i am still trying to find my way about. i saw the recipies page and think maybe lots of people here are from America. i am from England.
    i think the tools are great on here and its pretty easy to find out whats what. is anyone on any particular diet wich seems to be working for them or is the diet to keep inside the guidelines?

i landed her by accident.....but i kinda like it!

thanks everyone

xxxxxx

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    FYI, we don't call it "dieting" here. It's a "lifestyle change". I know that when I first came here and started hearing that, I said to myself "ya, ya, SURE it is!" But, I discovered pretty early on that that's EXACTLY what it is! Believe me when I say that I have been on just about EVERY "diet" out there, including hypnosis, TWICE! But nothing really worked until I came here to MFP!
    When you hear the word "diet", right away you think of that other word, "deprived". And as with ANY "diet", I could be "good" for just so long, feeling totally deprived of all the "really good stuff", and before I knew it, I'd cave and start right back up with all my old habits. But here at MFP, I guess all I really needed was to see the daily numbers in my food diary, and "work" with them through moderation and exercise, and I HAVE been able to lose the weight that I so desperately wanted to lose!
    And hopefully, it'll be the same way for you too! :smile:
  • sami1992
    sami1992 Posts: 7
    i am a new member, well have been for a week now and i am a little confused! It is telling me i can only consum 1,200 calories which is fine but does that meen i can eat any foods as long as i dont go over that amount of calories each day?
    I am also exercising so i can tone my body as i loose the weight. I am only 17 so this is really new too me. i hope somebody can help me a little.
    xx
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    i am a new member, well have been for a week now and i am a little confused! It is telling me i can only consum 1,200 calories which is fine but does that meen i can eat any foods as long as i dont go over that amount of calories each day?
    I am also exercising so i can tone my body as i loose the weight. I am only 17 so this is really new too me. i hope somebody can help me a little.
    xx

Hi, and welcome to you too! :flowerforyou:
    I always tell the newbies with lots of questions and who just don't understand the site to check out the info in the help section at the top of the page. You can also, on the home page, choose "all topics", then choose "general" and check out the newbie threads there. :smile:
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Welcome and Good luck to you! WElcome to the MFP Family :flowerforyou:
  • iamme
    iamme Posts: 4 Member
    thanks for the advice.... i think the diary is great for calculating what i am eating! does everyone follow the same lifestyle change formula...exercise more, eat less weigh less? i think your right about the scales i do need to weigh and measure more.... aim for tomorrow is........buy food scales. i am unsure if i am doing things right, but i guess i shall know before long!

thanks for the reply!:flowerforyou:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    welcome!!

I think you'll find people here do what works for them. there are a number of different groups with common goals/diet styles. you'll find what works for you and everyone here is willing to offer advise and support.

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.