Lemon water

Options
Is anyone drinking lemon water? Have you found it to be helpful in losing weight? Are you drinking it warm or cold? I tried drinking it warm, but it was difficult. I do like to drink it cold though.

Replies

• Workinmom1986
    Workinmom1986 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i LOVE lemon water its awsome and i have found that it also makes me feel less hungry and so i eat less.
  • Mokelke
    Options
    I've read that Lemon water first thing in the morning is a gentle detox. Doesn't have to be so much you can't drink it though, I would start off with 1/4 of a lemon and see if that works. Good luck!
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Careful with your teeth. It is an acid and can therefor damage enamel.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 17 Day Diet and he has you drink 1 cup of hot water with 1/2 of a lemon, squeezed into the water. I add some splenda or truvia to it for a yummy lemonade and it's working! I've heard only good things about doing it :0)
  • DavyHolly
    DavyHolly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Be careful of splenda! My mom used it and had shooting pains in her head, and they went away as soon as she stopped putting it in her tea. As for lemon water, I just can't bring myself to drink it ):
  • sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just drink hot water... Took sometime to get used to it, but now I love it.....
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I drink hot lemon water. I add a packet of equal to it. I love it. I think it helped in the past.
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Warm or cold water with lemon drops with honey and mint leaves (cold water) tastes superb....
  • lala4u
    lala4u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i put lemon juice in my water n sweet'n low, 1 pck and its taste good. so if u cant get ur 8 cups a day this is a easier way to. i dont put much in it. Just 2 tsps n dats it.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love lemon juice in my water, and lemon juice period! I put lemon juice in a lot of things. Love it in soup :)
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    Personally I don't like the taste of lemon in my water because I think it makes the water taste stale, but I have heard that it helps curb your appetite.
  • stinaaaah
    Options
    I do this at work, except with limes. I try to drink more water while I'm at work - a) so I don't eat as much (I work in a supermarket, temptation is everywhere), and b) because I don't drink enough and I'm trying to cut down on my diet coke habit.
    I just cut up half a lime into thirds and chuck it in my water bottle, give it a bit of a shake, and drink from that all day. It tastes better than lemon, doesn't need sweetening or anything, and makes water much easier to drink.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    a mug of hot water first thing in the morning is just as good as lomon water for detoxing and waking the dogestive system up first thing in the morning
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I drink hot water with lemon juice, honey and ground ginger in the morning.
    I’m told that it kick-starts your metabolism – all I know is that it wakes me up and tastes nice 
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It's yummy! It might take a bit to get used to but I love it. Especially when I get a craving for a pop/soft drink (tho rare)--I squeeze a whole lemon or lime into a tall glass of San Pellegrino or Perrier water. It's like Sprite without the unwanted sugar & other stuff.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just watch the amount you drink.. it does taste wonderful,however the acid really can eat at the enamel on your teeth.. and that cant be replaced.. so, just becareful!
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I put a slice of lemon in my water bottles in the morning. I researched some of the health benefits of lemon and there are soooo many. Some are digestion, blood pressure, complexion and the list goes on. According to what I read, it takes as little as 2 tbsp a day to reap the rewards. That is not much. I either have it cold or at room temp. Could never drink it warm. Hope this helps. :)