Drop 10 lbs in 3 days soup

Options
Ok, I am junkie for First for women's magazine. Although I can't stick to even the easiest diet, I lose about 5 lbs per mag. This was Melt fat 10x faster with the basic slimming soup.

Why not right?

The poster women are a mother daughter team that lost a combined 105 lbs. mom was 180 and now 127, daughter was 175 and is 123. this is over a year tho, I doubt i can stick to it for a year, but three days? Sure. I don't know how many calories are in the soup, but it is AWESOME!!!! It comes from The Fat Flush Plan book. fatflush.com

this is the basic start

For breakfeast start with a good protine filled meal. 2 egg omelet filled with 1/2 cup mix veggies, 2 hard boiled eggs with 1/2 grapefruit, or 1 1/2 cups of fat-free Greek yougert with 1 1/2 cup berries.

Lunch and dinner are the soup. You can also add a small salad or small side of veggies.

here is the recipe

The new basic slimming soup:
1 3/4 lbs of lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
1tsp olive oil
1 large onion peeled and chopped.
1 large red,yellow, or green pepper seeded and chopped.
1 large yellow squash, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 bottle 46 oz redused sodium tomato or veggie cocktail juice
1 can 15 oz pinto, garbanzo, or black beans rinced and drained
1 can 14 oz crushed tomatos
1 Tbs lime juice
1 tbs ground cumin 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves chopped.

If you dont want to use meat, you can use another can of beans. I used one can of pinto, and one of garbanzo. I also used a large red bepper in place of the squash cause i dont like squash. also, i used Itallian parsley cause it helps with belly fat

Make sure you have a large saucepot, or very deep pan.

Step 1
In saucepot over medium-high heat, cook beef, turkey, or chicken in olive oil 5 min or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. remove from pot; drain if desired.

Step 2
In same saucepot, cook onions, peppers, squash, mushrooms and garlic 5 min or untill vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Step 3
Stir in coctail juice, beans, tomatos, lime juice, cymin, cayenne and cooked meat. Add 1 cup water to thin soup (ifdesired) Cover; bring soup just to a simmer. (Do not boil.) Reduce heat to medium-low; let simmer 20 min, stirring occasionally. Add cilantro and parsley. Cover; let simmer 5 min. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese if desired. (Note: Soup can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days or frozen.)

Prep time 10 min. Total time 45 min.
Makes 10-12 cups (2-3 cups per serving)

So there you have it. if you do 2 cups, you have your 10 lbs in three days.

The magazine list some things you can add to it as well.

For tired, blue, and foggy people add 2 tsp of seaweed. Edenfoods.com
For battling carb cravings and GI distress people, Replace mushrooms with 1/2 cup grated Daikon radish.
For prone to stress, dizziness and salt carving people, add 1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan sea salt. SaltWorks.US
For plagued by bloat, headaches and colds people add 1 tsp of turmeric and in crease cilantro to 1/2 cup.

I know I'm not going to lose 10 lbs in 3 days, I already had a snack that I'm not supposed to have. You're supposed to stick to the plan with no snacks or anything like that, and it made me want to snack more. but hey, if i lose 1-5 lbs, i'll be a happy camper.

Replies

• AliDarling
    Options
    today was my day 2, and i've been using egg whites instead of whole eggs, so we'll see friday.
  • lmfsmiles
    lmfsmiles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Llin all it doesn't sound bad. Looking forward to hearing about your success with it.
  • Cyndy29
    Cyndy29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    very interested and i also would like to hear about you r success on Friday
  • swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this, this weekend. It actually sounds tasty:)
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    This soup is VERY good, but I ate it for 5 days straight (lunch and dinner most of the 5 days) and i sure didn't lose 10 pounds! Maybe 2 or 3 pounds.
    Don't be fooled by these claims. But DO believe in how delicious and healthy this soup is!!!
  • Anndrea08
    Options
    Hi, That sounds like a nice change from the cabbage fat burning soup that I found on Allrecipes.com(cabbage gets old after awhile)lol. It's so nice to have a low calorie but vitamin packed "filler" with dinner. It's only 80 calories per 2 cups and only 10 grams of fat. I always wondered if adding or changing the spices add calories? I wouldn't think so but i'm not completly sure. I added some paprika and hot pepper. yum! I cant wait to try this recipe that you have shared. Thanks!
  • IAMJESS00
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY!.. DID THE SOUP WORK???
  • IAMJESS00
    Options
    The soup sounds good!.. let me know your results ( im gonna try it this weekend).
  • IAMJESS00
    Options
    thanks for your honesty!.. I was thinking 5 lbs in a week sounds more realistic. But I have a question, on this diet , Im suppose to do the omelette etc for breakfast and then the soup for lunch and dinner?? and that s it for the day?? I just want to be clear. Thanks for your help!!
  • jetescamilla
    Options
    I like me a good soup for lunch so I can splurge at diner. I am gonna have to try this
  • afisher89
    afisher89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This soup was fantastic! Thanks! :)
  • AliDarling
    Options
    well its friday. i didnt expect to lose 10 lbs, cause i didnt stick to the diet. but i did lose 3 pounds. 3 lbs in 3 days is good enough for me. if you can stick to it for the ammount of time then maybe, but i cant. but, still bye bye 3 lbs
  • AliDarling
    Options
    thanks for your honesty!.. I was thinking 5 lbs in a week sounds more realistic. But I have a question, on this diet , Im suppose to do the omelette etc for breakfast and then the soup for lunch and dinner?? and that s it for the day?? I just want to be clear. Thanks for your help!!

yes, thats it. no snacks or anything. thats why i couldnt stick to it cause i need a snack or i'll binge
  • FatFreeLea
    Options
    If you haven't been "at it" previously, I'm sure you could lose 10lbs off this soup. My first week of weight loss, I lost 10lbs mostly because I cut out a lot of sodium and quit snacking on processed foods.

It'd seem about right for the average healthy eater to lose 2lbs a week on this soup. It seems like one of those soups I'd like to freeze so I always have it for lunch in a pinch.
  • AliDarling
    Options
    If you haven't been "at it" previously, I'm sure you could lose 10lbs off this soup. My first week of weight loss, I lost 10lbs mostly because I cut out a lot of sodium and quit snacking on processed foods.

It'd seem about right for the average healthy eater to lose 2lbs a week on this soup. It seems like one of those soups I'd like to freeze so I always have it for lunch in a pinch.

that is a good idea
  • emilyelectra
    emilyelectra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have the nutritional information for this recipe? Or is it in the database somewhere, wasn't sure how to look it up. I'm anxious to try this, thanks!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Rapid weight loss = losing muscle and fat. Sounds terrible to me.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    bump, may just have to give this a try, thanks :flowerforyou:
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Rapid weight loss = losing muscle and fat. Sounds terrible to me.

exactly.