New Year New Me

Options
Hey everyone. I'm from Bettystown which is near Dublin in Ireland. I am now an unhealthy 2 stone overweight and before it gets any worse I've decided to use the New Year as a good excuse to get back to my normal 10 stone self. I am a full-time working busy Mum with 2 small children. I have lost weight in the past but I've not had the opportunity to keep the exercise going consistently because the kids were so small. But thankfully they are getting a little bit older and I am finding that I can actually get out for walks and do exercises at a reasonable hour in the evening rather than after 9pm!!! I haven't tried tracking calories before so I'm delighted with this new approach but I'm still finding my way so I hope not to annoy everyone with silly questions. I've looked at some of the success stories and there seems to be great support here. I'm looking forward to being a (very) active member of MFP!!!

Replies

• Mandalola
    Options
    Welcome - the Irish half of me is from Wexford so hello!

This is a very good site with lots of encouragement and most importantly somewhere you can track what you eat so you can actually see what's going into your mouth and making you gain or keep the weight. I have over a stone to lose (actually i should be a stone lighter than my goal which is 11 stone 4 but when I get down to that weight i look about a hundred!). Anyway, it still feels like a long way to go as my weight comes off very slowly due to age and a thyroid condition. But no excuses! It's going to happen this year - in fact before springtime so if you want to add me as a friend I would be happy to help you too.

Good luck. Track every single thing and the weight will come off!

Best wishes,

mandy
  • LittleMissTwin
    Options
    Thanks very much Mandalola. Looking forward to that.