Good Mornin' Everyone

Options
Just joined last week... have already lost 6 lbs, hate to admit it, but when you monitor your calories and exercise the weight really does fall off!!!

Here's to keeping motivated!!

Cheers

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 6 lbs.. You are off to a great start....
  • wink45
    wink45 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow I am just starting back after gaining 6 lbs back and taking a month and half off. I just wish I could stay motivated past 6 weeks. I need help please!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 6 pounds, that is awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • rekburnutts
    rekburnutts Posts: 13
    Options
    Morning Wink...I usually have a hard time keeping myself motivated but this time around I have my wedding in October to do it. I tried on my wedding dress & almost cried when I seen the size of me. I looked like a football player wrapped in a beautiful dress. That image keeps me going. My cousin has a different approach. She is also desperate to lose weight as she is my maid of honor. She is doing weight watchers and she sets goals for herself. When she lost 5% of her weight, she bought herself a dress. When she reaches 10% lost, she is getting a pedicure. At 15% she is gettineg herself a tattoo etc etc.

I think you have to find your weakness & work with it. What is it that makes you give up after 6 weeks ? My biggest weakness is at night munching. So I save some calories during the day for a little snack at night. I bought myself some Quaker rice cakes, only 50 cals per cake. My other weakness is chocolate, so on a day that I am really craving chocolate I calculate my calories to have a chocolate. I don't know if this is what you are supposed to do but I have lost 12lbs in about 4 weeks so I think I am doing good for myself. I rather eat a chocolate here & there when I feel like it rather then not have it then binge in 3 weeks from now...Hope this helps a little!!