Fitness NSV

Options
Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
So yesterday started week 4 of C25k
Jumped on treadmill armed with my HRM and set off at my usual 6.5mph warm up then proceeded to doing 3min run (8.5mph) and 1min walk (6.5mph) did this 5 times before cool down at 28mins...

Did 4.11km in 33mins including warm up and cool down.

Checked my HRM and compared it to my last weeks treadmill c25k and my avg and max heart rate was lower and so was my calories burned, yet distance had increased and speed was the same as last week where I was doing 3min run w/ 2 walk

So does this mean I'm getting fitter now?! haha I guess so, that would be rather awesome!

Replies

• TyneeKitty
    Options
    Well done! but what does NSV stand for?
  • Squible
    Options
    NSV= Non scale victory :)
  • Maddy__H
    Maddy__H Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is quite an impressive speed for a starter! In no time you will be running 10k!
    Well done!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Awesome and yes you are correct, fitter means more efficiency. You are rocking it in the fitness category. As the burns require more effort if you want a certain calorie expenditure (what I am going through) it gets kind of fun to see what it takes.
  • Squible
    Options
    Wow, that is quite an impressive speed for a starter! In no time you will be running 10k!
    Well done!

:O Really?! I thought that was quite slow! huh thanks made me just feel fantastic about my running!
  • dragonssoftballmom
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Squible
    Options
    Awesome and yes you are correct, fitter means more efficiency. You are rocking it in the fitness category. As the burns require more effort if you want a certain calorie expenditure (what I am going through) it gets kind of fun to see what it takes.

Hah yeah as I thought it would be a over 400 calorie burn (which i LOVE seeing) I did get a tiny bit disappointed when I saw the 385 number but then I did think maybe that means me=fitter, which is just as great
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Amazing time for a noobie! I have only been jogging a few weeks, but 8km/ph is around my comfort zone, which I do know isn't much faster than some folk walk....so go you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!