11.5 down... 60 left to go

Options
Fit147
Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
Hello everyone! This is my first time writing on the board. I was lucky enough to get an ipad2 for Christmas and installed the MFP app within a week of owning it. I am happy to say I am 11.5 lbs down as of this AM! My saga is the same as many of you I imagine. I have have the tendency to use food to help reduce stress and lessen boredom. I got married and gained 20 lbs eating many of the higher calorie meat and potato dishes my husband prefers. I had my daughter and never managed to lose the last 15 pounds of baby weight. Then I had my son last March and had another 12 pounds to add to the mix. I am now one pound away from getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight with my son. Then I have work on eliminating the pounds I added moving from being single to a married mother of two. To make things a bit trickier, I am in my 40s so my metabolism is trickier to work with. I heard on Tv recently that diet and calorie reduction is 80 percent of the battle and exercise is 20 percent. I plan to incorporate more structured exercised starting in March as I will hopefully be at my half way mark by then and will need a metabolism boost by then. My goal is be at 147 by the 4th of July. I am also on the job hunt and know that you need every edge possible in snagging a job. Why do people perceive an overweight person as a lazy person? And I also heard that thin attractive people get paid more? Crazy world we live in. I digress.

If you have made it this far, thanks for reading my story.

Replies

• tharvey3
    Options
    great job so far....you may also want to start adding in exercise now and strength training 3x a week, that will really kick start your metabolism, also green tea helps your metabolism. keep it up!!