desserts

Options
The hardest part for me will be my sweets :( anybody have any yummy recipes they want to share?

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    raw cashews, the tart dried cherries you buy at Costco and a few chocolate chips
    glass of red wine and square of dark chocolate
    1/2 green monster smoothie
    chocolate protein shake
  • rosaleigh510
    Options
    thank you!!
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    raspberries
    I made chocolate zucchini muffins two days ago and they only have 122 calories I think. (High carbs, maybe 26?) I froze them and popped one in the microwave today. YUM.

red grapefruit

edamame (dry roasted, lightly salted; wish I could find unsalted)

Do you like sweets? Will nuts satisfy you? I go for carbs. I have plain oatmeal with a lot of raspberries and a huge dash of cinnamon almost every evening. I consider that dessert.

Oh yeah .. pomegranate seeds.
  • bahacca
    Options
    chocolate milk is another great one. I use skim milk or coconut milk and Trader Joes Midnight Moo syrup--no high fructose corn syrup in it. Filling and under 200 calories if you do 1 cup milk and the 2 tblspoons of the moo(I usually just do 1-it is plenty chocolatey for me)
    Ants on a log is a good one-celery stalk, smear of peanut butter and a few raisins on top
  • bahacca
    Options
    These aren't the GREATEST, but hey, if you gotta sugar craving...
    Lollipops are another good option. They take forever to eat. I like Yummy Earth ones.
    Gummy bears
    Saltwater taffy
    "smores"-a few mini marshmellows, chocolate chips and graham crackers or graham snacks like Teddy grahams(Annies makes a better, all natural version of their bunnies)
    Trader Joes has a GREAT graonla bar called a Brownie Oat bar. I don't have any on hand, but I think 1 bar is under 200 calories.
  • suze4314
    Options
    I make "diet cupcakes" that only have around 90 calories a piece. All you do is take a cake mix (I love the funfetti kind) and mix it with a can of diet soda (I use diet cherry 7-up) instead of the eggs and oil. One batch makes 24 cupcakes. They don't really have anything in them that's "good for you" (not really any fiber or protein). But when you really want something sweet, as I often do, I can have one (or two on a bad day) without getting myself off track. I actually think they taste better this way than made with the normal ingredients.

For frosting, you can use a packet of sugar free vanilla yogurt mixed into a container of fat free cool whip. I prefer mine with no frosting though.
  • Doomsprout
    Options
    mix it with a can of diet soda (I use diet cherry 7-up) instead of the eggs and oil.

whaaat i have never heard of this! very interesting.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Banana soft serve!! I just ate this. Cut a banana into small slices and freeze it. Blend it in a food processor or powerful blender, maybe top with a little peanut butter.... Has the texture of ice cream :) Soooo good and it's all real food -- no artificial sweeteners or chemicals or anything.

I often find that artificial sweeteners and "mock" types of desserts just make me crave the real thing more, but YMMV.
  • misslilylou
    misslilylou Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make "diet cupcakes" that only have around 90 calories a piece. All you do is take a cake mix (I love the funfetti kind) and mix it with a can of diet soda (I use diet cherry 7-up) instead of the eggs and oil. One batch makes 24 cupcakes. They don't really have anything in them that's "good for you" (not really any fiber or protein). But when you really want something sweet, as I often do, I can have one (or two on a bad day) without getting myself off track. I actually think they taste better this way than made with the normal ingredients.

For frosting, you can use a packet of sugar free vanilla yogurt mixed into a container of fat free cool whip. I prefer mine with no frosting though.

That cupcake recipe sounds really good! I will definitely have to try it someday!

And to satisfy my sweet tooth (and I have a really BAD one...), I like sugar free Jell-o cups and the sugar free Jell-o pudding cups! I'm eating one right now :) The gelatin cups are only 10 calories, and the pudding only 60. Special K bars are good, too. That's all I can think of right now, but if I think of more, I'll post them!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Nutella. A tablespoon on a low calorie piece of toast is heaven. At least to me.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe for cupcakes instead of buying the mixes and diet soda (personal preference)

120g unsalted softened butter
    2/3 cup caster sugar
    1 1/2 cup self raising flour
    1/2 cup skimmed milk
    2 tsp vanilla essence
    2 eggs

Jam and whipped cream for topping

Put it all in a bowl and mix until pale and smooth. Put into 24 cupcake holders and bake for around 20 mins. Cool and cut out a hole fill with a small bit of jam and cream. Got yourself a fairy cake. They are 109 calories including the jam and cream which I think is amazing.

I also get greek yogurt and mix in some frozen berries, let it defrost for a short while and you have fake berry icecream.

Jelly is a goo one with tinned or fresh fruit.

You can also make some banana cookies:

3 medium ripe bananas
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup raisins
    1/3 cup oil
    1 tsp vanilla essence

Mash bananas, add other ingredients, add a bit of salt to taste. Sit for 15 mins bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees Celsius.

These are 74 calories each for a tablespoon sized cookie.

There are a lot of things you can have out there, you just have to do a bit of digging. I love my sweet things to so I go out of my way to make things that fill a gap. :) Good luck.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I made some blueberry oat bars that are really good, 1/12 of the pan (about 2"x4" bar) is 256 calories, but half a serving is often plenty to satisfy my craving. I tweaked a recipe I found by replacing half the flour with almond meal, and cutting the sugar in half. Next time I make them I will probably use a quarter of the sugar called for. Warm it up and add a small scoop of Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream on top and it is heavenly.
  • rosaleigh510
    Options
    thank you everyone! i really appreciate your input and look forward to trying these desserts
  • Mypie07
    Mypie07 Posts: 11
    Options
    Weight Watchers Chocolate Cupcakes = 2 point each

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
    18 ounces devil's food cake mix
    1/4-1/2 cup water (1/2 make them really moist - I prefer 1/4 cup)
    Directions:

1.Mix all together.
    2 Bake at 350°F in muffin tins for 20-25 minutes...depending on your oven.
    3 They will be moist.

Don't let the pumpkin scare you - you truly can't taste it!

You can also sprinkle the top with confectioner sugar