GIRLS Only, please

Options
Hello ladies!

So, about two years ago my periods became so severe I ended up in the hospital almost every month. My doctor had me start taking Lybrel, a birth control that doesn't allow you to have a period. I haven't had a period in two years, until now! I am starting to think that is because of my new eating habits and daily workout schedule. Does anyone know about this or have experienced a more constant flow when changing their diet and activities?

Thanks!

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I usually have an inpredictable flow even being on BC, but when I diet and exercise I experience a shorter, lighter, non pmsing period. Which is great! They say exercising makes periods "better", not that they're enjoyable by any means but it makes it tollerable.
  • Soulflwr
    Soulflwr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I only just started eating healthier and exercising, so I haven't experienced a constant flow or anything, but it did come a week earlier this month (which is strange bc that NEVER happens) and I had a much easier time. Usually my cramps are so bad I get fevers, vomitting, and all sorts of other nasty side effects. This month was a breeze!
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You might want to talk to your doctor about changing to a different pill. If your body is changing from diet and exercise, they'll want to take that into consideration when prescribing medication.
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    Definitely talk to your doctor. Periods typically will be less severe with exercise, not more unpredictable... All the best!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    bf% can have a huge effect on it, so probably so.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    bf% can have a huge effect on it, so probably so.

Agreed. It is definitely worth a chat with your gyno though.

By the way, I have had the same original problem as you, for two periods of time in my life. It's miserable isn't it?
  • lunarescape
    lunarescape Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Since dieting and exercising my period has become unpredictable, and I've been on the pill for five years. It's weird because I thought having a healthier lifestyle would lead to making the monthly visits "better". I have an appointment with the gyno but it still worries me because I keep starting and restarting it every week.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I notice a definite difference when I am exercising regularly vs. when I'm not. But since you have a history of problems, it would be best to discuss with your doctor.
  • cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It looks like I will be making an appointment here soon!