What to eat at PF Changs??

Options
I'm going out tonight with my friends and we're going to PF Chang's. What are the best things for me to eat there? Something without a million calories and 100 g of fat??

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    The lettuce wraps stuffed with a chicken mixture are awesome.
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    Probably NOT the spicy chicken and/or chicken Lo Mein or egg rolls that my daughter and I shared yesterday when I got "CHANG'D" for the first time ever! :noway: Enjoy!
  • camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    if you have a smart phone and have my fitness pal app. when you search for food you can put in PF Changs and a list will come up with part of the menu
  • camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you can also use the data base here on the site to go ahead a plan out you meal
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Many chain restaurants have their nutrition online if you look :)

http://www.pfchangs.com/menu/NutritionalInfo.aspx

Just remember to make note of how many servings per plate, that is where they get ya! :wink:
  • dmannarino
    dmannarino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually get the salmon bowl ( and ask for brown rice) and I get the hot and sour soup. I always check the web site before I go out and check the calories from my phone (on myfitnesspal) if I am already there. One thing...... Be very careful with the PF Changs web site and look at the portions. Most of the foods listed show 2 or 3 portions even on the lunch menu so you have to multiply the calories they give you times the number of portions. Good luck and enjoy!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Best options according to their website:

Norwegian salmon
    Lettuce wraps
    Buddha's feast
    Egg drop soup
    Hot & Sour soup
    Chicken chopped salad (watch the dressing)
    Moo Goo Gai Pan on brown rice
    Mu Shu chicken
    Beef w/broccoli

The portions on a plate are sometimes 2 or 3, so for best results, eating half a meal (assuming you're eating rice) will yield about 450-600 cals total.
  • jillellice
    jillellice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I checked out their nutritional info and OMG, some of these foods are so much higher in calories and fat than I ever could have imagined!! I think I'm going to actually make a list of acceptable foods and bring it with me to save me the aggravation once I get there. lol.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    The Seared Ahi Tuna dish is amazing and comes in at 320 calories. Yum.

Edited to add the link to where I got the nutrition. I know the OP already looked it up but just for others who are interested: http://www.pfchangs.com/menu/nutritionalinfo.aspx
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    The nutritional info is available online. Pretty much everything is really, really high in calories! I would recommend just getting whatever you want and putting half of it into a carry-out box.
  • emjay71
    Options
    OMG, now I seriously want to go to PF Changs. We now have one in my area.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Their chicken lettuce wraps are so yummy!!! My mouth is watering right now...and it's before 9am! lol