Does anyone do TRX workouts?

Options
Those straps are so simple but so effective!

Google it is you are not familiar with TRX.

Replies

• vidDa1989
    vidDa1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    trx workouts are a killer. I implement them in every training. from hands to legs. :)
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TRX!!! just had my first workout last sat, and have one again tomorrow. i was sore for days but man i love it!
  • ADJ_WIS
    ADJ_WIS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My daughters gave me TRX straps for Christmas in 2010. I used them off and on for a few months then put them away, put them in a closet and let them collect dust.

Over the past couple months I put my TRX straps back into circulation. I absolutely love the TRX workouts because they're so versatile. I'm trying to do a workout about 5x a week. My daughters are even working out with me.

I bought the TRX / Kettlebell Circuit workout and plan to start that this week.

TRX is addicting....Good Luck!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I do something similar called Rip 60... and it is killer!

My trainer once had me doing squat rows and one legged lunges with them... pretty sure I about died after the first set.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    TRX is great for beginners who don't have a whole lot of room or a gym membership. At one point however a user with higher goals would need to graduate to free weights.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i have done 6 sessions of TRX, after doing a solid year at the gym doing weights, PT sessions, Spin, Pump, Step, Yoga, loads of cardio. and man, they were hard, hard compared to any of the weights i had been using on my own, and with my PT. I'm loving it, i actually feel like my knees are getting stronger, instead of getting sorer which is great. it's so easy for me to injure my knees, but TRX is doing them good.

addisondisease - i don't know where you got the information about being for begineers, but I know for a fact that it's used by some elite sports teams, so that's good enough for me... i know someone who works with the soceroos, and they are into it. so if you mean soccer teams like the socceroos as beginners, yeah, i know what you mean.
  • JenGrape
    JenGrape Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Had my first TRX session yesterday! Let's just say I'm pretty sore and my lateral obliques are screaming at me! It's definitely hitting my weak spots in my core from a previous C section too. The beauty of TRX is that it can be for beginner but can go really advanced as well. :)
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    addisondisease - i don't know where you got the information about being for begineers, but I know for a fact that it's used by some elite sports teams, so that's good enough for me... i know someone who works with the soceroos, and they are into it. so if you mean soccer teams like the socceroos as beginners, yeah, i know what you mean.

Unless you are on the level of a gymnast, the body weight TRX bands can only take you so far. That is why i said its great for beginners. So if your goal is to get "OK" at body weight exercises then TRX away. But if you have a higher goal like to be awesome at body weight, or get even stronger, then TRX is for beginners.
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    I did TRX for a little while and I loved it. My gym offered a TRX class. It def was a good workout.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I'm fortunate that my gym at work does a trx class 3 days per week. There are 5 sets of straps and the gym manager runs the class. It is like having a personal trainer. He corrects your form so you get optimum benefit. I am a runner so had strong legs but started to see arm definition within a few weeks.