What is your go to meal...

Options
that you just love, is healthy and lower cal and you can eat anytime..can be a breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack.. go!

Replies

• LisaMom2Lucas
    Options
    I guess not neccessarily healthy but my go to snack is light butter popcorn, yum!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich, rice and beans (pre-prepared), frozen stir-fry with whole wheat pasta or brown rice
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I guess not neccessarily healthy but my go to snack is light butter popcorn, yum!

oh yeah popcorn too. I eat it almost daily!
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Two fried eggs with a piece of american cheese made with 2% milk on whole wheat toast, occasionally with a single piece of thinly sliced oven roasted turkey breast. I eat it pretty much every day for breakfast or lunch and it's so so so good. :)
  • Quaker Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal made with 1% milk. I could seriously eat that all day everyday! Its the only way I start my mornings off right.
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Chobani Greek Yogurt....love it!!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    CHEESE!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Ok, that really isn't a "meal" per se, but I can certainly make a meal out of it!
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is a kroger everything bagel, 1/3 less fat cream cheese and a kroger carbmaster cherry yogurt, for a grand total of 390 calories. It's filling, low-cal, cheap and easy, and not bad tasting either.
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My favourite meal is roast chicken and veges (potato, kumara and carrot roasted with spray of oil and seasoning) with gravy. Not totally low in calories but I cook it totally healthily and we have it at least once a week, even in summer! :) I sometimes have leftover chicken with a salad or ona sandwich the next day! Nice and easy to make with a young baby in the house!
  • Tanstar76
    Tanstar76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine is an egg omelette with whatever I have around to put in it! Might be a wee bit of bacon, light cheese, tomato, zucchini - anything! If I don't have anything , then just eggs! Nice and filling.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My go to meal would be chicken and veggie stir fry. Yummy!!

10620094.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kristalmyah
    Kristalmyah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on my mood and how much effort I want to put into it! I really like eggs so I will cook up a few egg whites with one yolk (I can't just eat the whites) and throw some mushrooms, kale and a little cheese in if I want an omelette - or some salsa and a little cheese on one or two tortillas (sometimes potatoes too - depending on where I am with calories for the day).

If I need something sweet, I will usually have an english muffin with a little peanut butter and honey. I just bought some powdered peanuts that you can make into peanut butter that's pretty good and about 1/3 the calories of full fat pb.

As others have said, popcorn is good too (with a little butter)
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Pate on toast :o) Mmmmmmmmm.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    when im stuck for ideas its, cous cous, tomatoes and veggie minced beef. Also add some dried mixed herbs and its yummy! I used to live on Pasta, tomato sauce and cheese so Iv found a healthier alternative
  • Katara731
    Options
    Steel cut oats with any fruit!

13862405.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mariahperry92
    mariahperry92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stir fry! Usually with chicken or shrimp with tons of veggies over whole grain brown rice. Yummm :)
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I premake soups and when I'm hungry, in a rush, or just being lazy, I grab a preportioned container, nuke it up, and slurp it down! Yum!
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    Fat Free Chobani Greek Yogurt....love it!!

PINEAPPLE!!!! So good!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs are my favorite anytime meal/snack. Pasta and tomato sauce is also one I love...I might have that tonight, now that I think of it!