12 pounds lost and still no difference in clothes?

Options
:grumble: How can I be down 12-13 pounds yet everything still seems to be fitting the exact same way it was when I started??? Sorry - I just needed to gripe because my pants are still tight and I just dont SEE any change............ :huh:

Replies

• pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I can tell you that when I first start to lose weight it tends to come off places like my face and my ankles, chest etc. My waist tends to be the last place I lose it. Maybe take down your measurements of your thighs, waist, chest and upper arms. Keep track of those too. If you are including exercise in your journey then you will see a change in those #s when the scale doesnt move and vise-versa

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much the same way.............

I lost almost 30 pounds before my clothes got to start fitting looser.............I still haven't changed a size yet either.........

I lose all over my body and most noticeable in my face, hands, feet, ankles and wrists.......also my boobs.

I could almost go down to a smaller shoe size and need to get my rings sized deperately..............
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I agree. Take all of your measurements. I used this website as a guide to help me remember where I should be measuring so that I would be consistent:

http://www.tinajuanfitness.info/articles/071205.htm

Because I just had a baby, I'm measuring the baby belly, too. I've lost the most inches from my waist/belly and none from my bust or calves. Previously when I lost weight, I started out only changing my diet and I didn't see a bit of difference in my body for the first 15 pounds. I usually lost it in the bust first. :sad: The way I've been exercising this time has made a HUGE difference in how I'm losing weight. So, be sure and examine your exercise routine, too. Your body might be telling you that you need to be doing something more challenging or you might just be too critical of yourself! Keep up the good work, though! :flowerforyou:
  • jennm426
    jennm426 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have lost 11 lbs and am experiencing the same problem. The key is to never give up. It is hard sometimes but you have to hold steadfast to a goal. Keep your head up! You are not alone in your struggle to have your clothes fit better.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I lose first in my face, neck, shoulders/collar bones, hands, wrists, feet, etc. Pretty much all the places I feel could wait. :laugh: (Though, I do like my face much better with defined cheek bones!)

I've lost 41 pounds and have only gone down about 1 and 1/2 pants sizes (still in 16s but some are loose), and my shirts are looser but I've not needed to make drastic changes there either (though I admit many were too tight to begin with). It'll come, just be patient and stick with it! Even if you don't get noticable results right away you are still doing something great for your body by getting in shape. That's the most important part!

:flowerforyou:
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You're not alone - I feel the same way. I feel like I should be able to see some difference somewhere, but don't. :brokenheart: But...I do know that I'm getting healthier, and that eventually it will be noticeable. I decided when I started that I wasn't in a hurry to lose weight, that I wanted to do it right, so I guess if that means it takes a while before my clothes are more loose and people start mentioning it, then I'm okay with that. Don't worry - we'll get there! :drinker:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I really did see my loss in my face, arms and chest (not that I wanted to lose in the chest area!) first. Then the cloths started to feel looser....so you are on the right track. I think another 5-10 and you will feel the difference!
  • PELLEGK1
    PELLEGK1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks guys --- Hearing that Im not the only one not "seeing" it makes me feel at least a little better :ohwell: