Ladies Who are thinner and top heavy

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
I have a question, what size tops do you wear? I'm talking about a D cup or bigger. I have a weird feeling that I will never be smaller then a D cup, and I'd love to see at least a Large or Medium top. Do you have problems finding tops that fit right over your top area but yet shows off your shape?

Replies

• Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I'm not "thinner" or "smaller" but I have a D and it never goes away when I loose weight. I get stretchy tops when I'm at a good weight, they seem to fit everywhere ok, but normal clothes, I can't see being a medium for me, I wish!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Blouses with an empire waist have always been my best freind...you have to be careful with some though. If they don't fit right they can make you look pregnant. It does not really hide the boobs (in fact it kind of accentuates them) however it also shows off a thinner midsection

33b0f3l.jpg
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    **looks down at chest** walks away......Guess I can't be part of this thread :grumble: :cry:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    **looks down at chest** walks away......Guess I can't be part of this thread :grumble: :cry:
    lol me too
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I have a super slim waist and defined upper figure and my chest and waist slim down easily. I'm very bottom-heavy though, and while they slim down, I'm always a lot stockier in my legs.

I will agree though that being large-chested anyway, the RIGHT kind of empire-style shirt can definitely accentuate a slimmer waist. They make the girls look a lot bigger though.
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Im a 28HH with a mummy pooch/ carry weight around my lower belly. The type of top that hope516 was suggesting would cut me off mid nipple, and id have half my bust above the waist and half below. Honestly, i don't like any clothing. stretchy fabric makes it a little easier to fit it all in, and id recommend buying the longer version of any top you buy, just so theres enough fabric to make it all the way down to the top of your pants. but D isn't rlly that big. I wish i was a D again :<
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    I can relate - however slim I get, my bra size always stays on the large side, currently a UK 32G.

Lots of the tops that look cute on smaller-busted girls just look ridiculous on me. I love fitted blouses and tops that are cinched in under the chest.

For example:

9fzejn.png2rhmrfo.png

2q3zltx.png2qrzn7o.png

[ These are all from http://www.pepperberry.com ]
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Currently38 DDD here - I say buy the medium and show them off! (where appropriate of course, I have to hide them with minimizer bras and suit jackets at work) - Smallest ever was a 36 DD (at goal weight 15 years ago)

I'm a fan of tailored jackets that define the waist and I agree that slightly stretchy fabrics work well - my favorite store carries tailored wrinkle-free button-down shirts with some stretch so you don't get the gap between the buttons!
  • BooLives82
    BooLives82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have always had a larger chest. In fact when I was at my thinnest, my measurements were a DD, with a 29 inch waist and 34 inch hips... I always looked like I was going to topple over, Not very easy being a 16 year old girl with DD. Currently I buy 40 DDD, but truly I wear a 38 M.(M is for Massive)... I buy stretchy tops because they seem to be the only thing that will fit. I try to stay away from shirts with buttons just because I do not want a wardrobe malfunction.. I do have goal shirts that I want to be able to wear and they are Med stretchy tops. Good luck....
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I totally identify with this thread! Just got fitted for my friends wedding dress, in the space of a month I'd lost 2.5 inches from my waist and am close to a 12 but because of my bust (FF) I have to get a size 18. it's frustrating, but I've just accepted that I need to have fitted clothes, or my current favourite of a stretch fabric top with a loose open cardigan or shirt and tailored jeans. I've given up on dresses entirely now. very frustrating.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    Melissa the tops will come down a bunch but you are correct you will never be less than a D, I believe cassi is down to a DD now and she has no problem wearing most tops as long as they have some stretch
    and mine are fake but they are still large and I have no problem wearing anything..all shapes work for me but most size is medium or Large just have to try it on...but the great thing about losing weight is your arms are smaller and that makes a HUGE difference on your shirts :) makes you look so much better and you would not even think that would make a difference at all
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yeah, I can relate. I am a DDD. I have the same issue with buying clothes. Those babydoll tops make you look pregnant. I love anything stretchy. I feel like I have to wear a tablecloth just to get my boobs to fit. But then it looks so big on the rest of my body. I can't wait to lose this weight. I am hoping these boobs of mine shrink A LOT! LOL! Here's to hoping.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had breast reduction surgery when I was at my slimmest. I was wearing a size 6 (US) everywhere except my chest. I was a 36G at the time of my surgery. It was the best thing I had ever done for myself. (Well, that was until I found exercise and realized I love it. Now that is the best thing I've ever done for myself, and the BR is a close second. Although I don't think I could have exercised like I do if I hadn't had the surgery.)

Up to that point, I honestly was wearing tops that were on the larger side. I had to, because they just didn't fit over my boobies. Even with stretch, it didn't work.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    32 gg so I understand

Thanks for posting the pictures

I have been buying a lot of wrap dresses
  • nattylou90natt
    nattylou90natt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im an E cup .. and it drives me insane!!!!
    I have to get bigger tops because of the boobs .. and i hate it because if they were smaller i would fit into a nice UK size 12 or 10 but instead i have to get a 16
  • anshaw03
    anshaw03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I totally identify with this thread! Just got fitted for my friends wedding dress, in the space of a month I'd lost 2.5 inches from my waist and am close to a 12 but because of my bust (FF) I have to get a size 18. it's frustrating, but I've just accepted that I need to have fitted clothes, or my current favourite of a stretch fabric top with a loose open cardigan or shirt and tailored jeans. I've given up on dresses entirely now. very frustrating.

I'm not skinny, but I'm definitely top heavy-I was meeasured a 8 for waist-14 for chest!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Melissa the tops will come down a bunch but you are correct you will never be less than a D, I believe cassi is down to a DD now and she has no problem wearing most tops as long as they have some stretch
    and mine are fake but they are still large and I have no problem wearing anything..all shapes work for me but most size is medium or Large just have to try it on...but the great thing about losing weight is your arms are smaller and that makes a HUGE difference on your shirts :) makes you look so much better and you would not even think that would make a difference at all

I do see major improvements in my arms, I see them shrinking down and toning nice it's taking time but I do see it. I did see a photo of a woman with a perfect 10 body and looked to be at least a D cup, and she played it off nice, so that made me feel better. Now to just stop focusing and worrying about my boobs staying the same and just be happy LOL.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    let me know too
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can relate - however slim I get, my bra size always stays on the large side, currently a UK 32G.

Lots of the tops that look cute on smaller-busted girls just look ridiculous on me. I love fitted blouses and tops that are cinched in under the chest.

For example:

9fzejn.png2rhmrfo.png

2q3zltx.png2qrzn7o.png

[ These are all from http://www.pepperberry.com ]

I thought these were bravissimo/pepperberry! I'm a 32 E and love them!!! The only button down shirts I can wear are from them..Great dresses to! I don't know what I'm going to do now that I'm in the USA and shipping is going to be crazy!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40D and wear an XL or L top depending on the brand, and a 10 or 12 on the bottom.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!