C25K app?

Options
I'm starting to train for the first of what I hope are many 5ks this year and I'm just wondering what you consider to be the best C25k app. I prefer a free app on the android market. Thanks for your suggestions

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I used a few and didn't like them, they all had some weird restrictions. Ended up using "A HIIT Interval Timer"
    You have to set up the intervals yourself, but the program is not limited in any way.
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a few that I like but the one I use is "5k Runner". I have an iphone and i'm not sure if it is available on Android. It also wasn't free but only about $.99. I love it, it gives me something to work toward instead of "Ok, time to run".

Best of Luck!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I just used the regular c25k one. First hit, and most popular, with good reviews. It was perfectly fine. Didn't notice any 'weird restrictions'.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    This one for me, free and National Health Services: http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx
    Funky music but you get used to it! :-)
  • cmp04d
    cmp04d Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like RunKeeper. Its free, you can put in your own programs, track your progress online, and add your own playlists.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    There is a ton of free ones... whether you search on the android market or the iphone's store... they're some free ones if you do some digging. I found a great free one for my iphone4s.
  • soozship
    soozship Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use the 5K Runner too. I like that you can play your music in the background, and still hear the guy tell you when to run and walk.

So far so good, I haven't noticed any "quirks"...
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I just used the regular c25k one. First hit, and most popular, with good reviews. It was perfectly fine. Didn't notice any 'weird restrictions'.
    I'm using (And Loving) This one....I really love the playlist options, and how the app feels Non-intrusive. :)
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    I have C25K lite on my andriod and also runkeeper. I have not done much with runkeeper but the C25K one works pretty well :) and they were both free!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I use the "Get Running" app. I think it was $3 (kinda pricey) but I love it!!
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I use the 5K Runner too. I like that you can play your music in the background, and still hear the guy tell you when to run and walk.

So far so good, I haven't noticed any "quirks"...

I like that I can listen to pandora so if my mood changes I can change my music to something that isn't on my phone. It also rewards you with badges and such. I thought I wouldn't care about that but I can't wait to get my next badge. It also makes it easy to share on FB.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use CardioTrainer. Basic but it does what I need.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I use the "ease into 5k" app for iPhone, I believe it has an Android app as well. I'm well satisfied with it, even on my antique iPhone 3.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I like the Android app "RunKeeper". You set the intervals yourself, but it's a good app.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo. Using the nhs C25K podcast as the 'music' gives me everything I need - a voice in my ear telling me when to walk and when to run and a way to review each session to see how I'm doing.

The only thing missing with my setup is the option to choose my own music, but I quite like the podcast anyway.
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I got the rundouble app. It's free for two weeks and then 1.60 but it has 5k, 10k, all the way to marathon on it. You can import playlists too. The only problem I've had is during 2 runs it updated and I lost my info for those runs.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. My own music is a MUST so its great to know which ones allow it and which ones dont.
  • FALLmomNC
    FALLmomNC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I second the Get Running App. I use it in conjunction with Track My Hike and love being able to use both and listen to my own music. I can't rave about this app enough!
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    I am also using runkeeper :)
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find 5k Runner app on Android market but the c25k lite looks like its gonna work. It lets me run Pandora in the back, but I cant change stations or the c25k timer stops. Oh well...it'll work for now. I'm so excited to get back into running tomorrow!