Any Grilled Tofu Recipes?

Options
Hello Everyone!

I've never tried Tofu and would really like to start eating it. I would really like to learn some new tasty grilled tofu recipes that I could try. Can you suggest or recommend your favourite Tofu grilled recipe?

Thanks a bunch!
Lexi
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• DrNicoleRed
    DrNicoleRed Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't know about grilling, but a friend suggested "dry frying" it to get the water out prior to marinade/stir fry. Do a search on allrecipes.com...I don't have the URL handy right now.
  • jborgmann
    Options
    This is one of my favorites from the Primal Grill on PBS.

http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=139&EpisodeID=35
  • I LOVE tofu.
    I tried grilling it this summer but failed on an epic scale.
    I would suggest frying it up a little in some EVOO in a pan then grilling it with some BBQ sauce. I didnt fry my tofu before I put it on the grill and it never really cooked.
    Best of luck
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am very fond of tofu myself! I pan-fry mine in Sesame or Olive oil for the most part. If I don't pan-fry, I usually bake it in a marinade I've thrown together.

Just a tip:
    *Before you do anything to it, be sure you drain it with a clean kitchen towel (paper towels are ok too). I wrap mine up and put a plate on top, then add a bit of weight to really get the water out. Next, slice or cube it up and marinade in a tasty marinade or plain then cook as you wish.
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    bump