MOMMAS: How did you tighten up your baby belly? Got pics???

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
Ok, so I was looking at my stomach in the mirror this morning. For the FIRST time in a long time I felt as if my stomach is actually getting a little smaller. As I was looking, I was critiquing myself OF COURSE! So, I know I need to burn some more fat, and I know I need to build up some muscle, BUT I'm wondering if my skin will ever tighten up. My stomach wasn't BIG, but I've had babies. I've got the typical baby belly flab. It's all squishy right now, and I'm sure it'll look better once I lose more fat, build more muscle. I just want to know if I'll always have this flabby skin. I know it isn't the same for everyone, but...

Tell me about your experience with this...

Replies

• theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Funny - there's another thread almost identical this one going on at the same time. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/446917-how-do-i-lose-baby-belly-weight

The short answer for me was running. You can see my entire body in other pictures in my profile.

Good luck!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells fixed this problem for me and many of my girlfriends
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Running for me too. My son is 6 months old and I feel like my stomach is "flat"...just not toned how I want it.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    30DS & walking helped my tummy flab. Just generally losing weight helped. Granted I still have a baby pooch that I have to "tuck" in. Ugh. I have 2 kids, both born via c-section. They are 7 & 9. Here is a topic I posted a couple days ago, shows my progress.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/444683-one-year-later-transformation-pictures
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Wa
    What is this??
  • ojell
    Options

I have a kettlebell, but I don't know what to do with it. LOL

What kind of exercises did you do with it?
  • ojell
    Options
    30DS & walking helped my tummy flab. Just generally losing weight helped. Granted I still have a baby pooch that I have to "tuck" in. Ugh. I have 2 kids, both born via c-section. They are 7 & 9. Here is a topic I posted a couple days ago, shows my progress.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/444683-one-year-later-transformation-pictures

You look GREAT! And so does your tummy!!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    your belly flab with go with overall weight loss. that is it. as for loose skin... well that depends... in my case with my first i was pretty much back to normal after less than a year. but with the twins.... (who were 6lbs 8oz and 7lbs 2oz) plus the c-section.... it do not think it ever will i'm only 5 3 and am 5 and a half years post delivery.... so it just depends on how big you got and how much overall weight you need to lose...
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    kettle ball work out starting to work for me is shred it with weights jillian michaels i do it along with walking or another tape it is like any of her other videos very difficult but you get used to it i just started and am shredding weight and the flab on my arms and stomach are slowly going
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    After delivering twins in Oct and another baby the next year in august ( not quite ten months apart) I was able to flatten my belly out... I am not sure how to post pics!! I hope after three more kids ( and weighing more than I did 40 weeks preggo with twins) that I can get there again!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!