Need suggestions for game night munchies!

Options
So I am going to a friend's house on Saturday for a game night. We play lots of board games like Taboo, pictionary, and other fun games like that, (NO video games.)

It's fun, and we usually eat a lot of junk like potato chips, twizzlers, chocolate, and whatever we have out on the table. Usually I just let myself go with the flow and eat whatever I want because I figure it's just one night.

Well, this time I want to be good and only eat good stuff. Do you have any suggestions on what "munchies" I should eat that would still help me either keep in my calorie count, or not go over horribly?

Thanks!

Replies

• wandalou1226
    Options
    fresh veggies and hummus
    bean dip
    cold shrimp - shrimp cocktail if you need a dip for your shrimp
    turkey meatballs

That's a start... hope it helps
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My favorite "healthier" munchies are veggies dipped in hummus (or pita bread, pita chips, or pretzels), or any kind of healthy bean-based dip. You can also bring a fruit tray and make a homemade fruit dip using Greek yogurt and agave or maple syrup as a base. If you search for healthy yogurt dips, I'm sure you'll find a million recipes!

If you like hummus, like I do, I feel like nothing compares to homemade hummus! So much tastier than store bought!

Both of these are high protein, high-fiber, and most importantly, tasty!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Apparently I really need to try hummus. I've never had it before.