My Protein intake is high?

Options
I guess the diet foods I like are all high in protein. Do I need to worry? Calories, Carbs, Fat are always under the goals.

Replies

• kseacrist
    kseacrist Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my daily protein intake was usually pretty high too (in the 35-40% range), and when i began working out a little more the scale came to a screeching halt. i've been working with a personal trainer, who suggested i go more in line with MFP percentages - 55% carbs, 15% protein, 30% fat - and the scale immediately started moving in the right direction. seemed counterintuitive, but that was the only real change and it definitely worked for me!
  • BodyWontBreak
    Options
    I don't think you should worry too much. My protein intake is high as well. I feel fuller for longer the more protein I eat. I'm currently following the South Beach Diet which is low carb. For me, I can eat and eat and eat and eat carbs and sweets. Which is not healthy and is also why I have so much weight to lose. I know that, for me, South Beach is a lifestyle change. It should be the same for you as well. Eat in a way that you can stick with even after you've lost the weight.