Turning 50 and I want to be fabulous!!

Options
dlm10
dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
Hi Everyone! I joined a couple of weeks ago and love this site! I will be turning 50 in June and started at 246 in December and and now down to 231. I know I have a long way to go but I feel really good about "this" time. I am tired of shopping in the "womens" department and want the fun back. Would love to hear from you!

Replies

• joanneb49
    Options
    Hi, I am also turning 50 in June on the 28!!! I can hardly believe that! I want to be healthier and fabulous and be a better me, I would love to be friends. Hope to hear from you, JoAnne
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello! I still have a couple of years to go before I hit 50, but it's getting nearer every day, and like you, I would really love to be in better shape before I reach that milestone! :smile: I feel it gets more difficult to lose weight as I get older, but I want to prove to myself - and everyone else - that I'm not a lost cause!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like - and good luck with your weight loss (sounds like you have a really good attitude, which should help) :flowerforyou:
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi add me if you like. I'm a fabulous 46 yr old.
  • kirstysnan
    kirstysnan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's the way I felt - and all of a sudden I'm 64 and my fitness is failing as arthritis etc takes hold. So go for it girls, time passes so fast!
  • salove62
    salove62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am turning 50 Sunday. I know exactly how you are feeling! After tipping the scale at 179 a year ago, and looking like a whale on our annual trip to Cancun, I came back and joined a Kettlebells class and also use my treadmill, bike, and weights at home faithfully 4 to 5 days a week. I am now down to 160 and plan on losing at least 10 more by June. Then I will be satisfied, but still motivated to lose another 5. Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am turning 62 in June!
    MFP has helped me lose 47 pounds and I will be a fabulous retired woman soon, (more time to Jazzercise!).
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Ellie. I will be 50 in February. I've been on MFP for a few months but only seriously committed since December 26th. It's so helpful to get the support and encouragement. Putting your eating log out there for your friends to see is also great for motivation and accountability. It would be great to have some friends here closer to my age...I am on a challenge which is fun but most everyone on my team is 20 something. :happy:
  • MyPromise
    Options
    I am 52 and feel the same way about clothes. I miss wearing clothes in the style I like and of course clothes in my size are not my stlye. I'm aiming to get back into style and size of clothes that I like. You can do it, good luck.
  • willdytryin
    willdytryin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, amongst other things - turning 50 this year was a great motivator to finally get this thing done. I feel like it has been hanging over my head forever (and it has!). This time I feel mfp has given me the tools to figure it all out. I have been down this path before and always gave up when I reached a plateau - I still feel sick to my stomach on weigh in day, - but it hasn't got me yet!
    I need motivation and friends, to help me work through it. We can all do it if we lean on one another and accept the words of encouragement as offered.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ChickaDee2012
    ChickaDee2012 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Katkins3....just amazing. Congrats!:smile:
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I would gladly support you! We can mutually encourage each other!! I have sent a friend request :D