Hip Pain

Options
Hey

I have been experiencing severe hip pain in my right hip, only one sided but it hurts when i walk, when im lying in bed and when I exercise (during exercise i get a burning sensation at the bottom on my back and down through by backside), I'm only 23 (well 24 in a couple of weeks) and a bit worried, I've made an appointment with my doctor for Tuesday next week, I'll carry on working out until he says otherwise but I was wondering has anyone else had hip pain? What relieved it?

Thanks

Lynsey

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    sciatic nerve perhaps
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Yeah I'm thinking thats a possibility esp with the burning sensation, maybe its becoming jammed
  • slimkay1
    slimkay1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The same was/is happening with me. MRI revealed some L3 and L4 stenosis. Narrowing of the spinal column, compaction. I was an aerobics instructor for nearly 20 years, no doubt this lead to the some of the problems. I was diagnosis with bursitis in my right hip, which explains the pain when I walk. I continue to exercise, spinning, circuit training and gravity. Swimming was recommended, said it’s the best thing. I have reduced significantly the high impact exercises even running. I do hope to run again even if it is at a slower place. Listen to your body and respond accordingly. Chiropractor treatments (spin de-compressioning) did wonders for my problem. Hope this helps.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    have you had a rest day lately? i had bad hip pain when i was working out 7 days a week and walking 2 miles a day on top of my workouts. give yourself a two day rest and see if it improves.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You will feel like an idiot but.... get a tennis ball. Sit on it and roll around on it so it massages the right spot.

I know hips - trust me!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    FYI: it HURTS but helps

I have one at work and will sit on it (to the side of course) if my hip starts to pull or feel achy
    You will feel like an idiot but.... get a tennis ball. Sit on it and roll around on it so it massages the right spot.

I know hips - trust me!
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it :-)

Hey Sabrina - I haven't had my rest day yet, not until Sat So i will see how it is after the weekend :-)

Slimkay - Thank you for your information I really appreciate it :-)

Tara4boys - I must admit I have never heard of this before! I shall be purchasing a tewnnis ball today!!! Thank you v much I will let you know how i get on, you would think with me having a little boy I would have one of those! he has every other type but not a tennis one..typical! lol Thank you again :-)

Brandyk77 - Definately going to give this a try! Thank you :-) I'll take any pain that gets rid of the discomfort in my hip :-)
  • nrjohnso
    Options
    definitely just tried the tennis ball...

worked well, but my dog was rather angry at me when I stole her tennis ball haha!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had severe hip pain a few years ago (and from time to time now). I had a bad disc in my back (the very lowest one in my vertebrae?). I had p/t for a few months, and that helped. It bothers me now when I do too much - I ran two days in a row now. So, its hurting today. I might try the tennis ball trick, and my dog won't care because she doesn't play with them, lol!