My downfall "chocolate"

Options
I can't seem to stop eating chocolate and that is my worst offender. I don't eat much food all day but I do eat the wrong foods all day. I could live on chocolate alone. I really don't crave any other food except chocolate (any sweet with chocolate). If I can't have chocolate then I substitue some other form of sweetness but that never satisfies me and I find myself eating one thing after another to get that satisfiing taste of chocolate but keep trying to not give in to it. Problem is that I then consume a large amount of sugary foods trying to replace the chocolate. What can I do to stop eating chocolate. I honestly eat a ridicules amount of chocolate. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to curb my huge craving for chocolate? I really could use some suggestions. Thank you

Replies

• JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I found eating fruit works for me.... If i eat my 2-3 pieces of fruit a day I find it reduces the chocolate cravings. To the point where I could easily eat 1/2 - a full block after dinner to now being able to satisfy the odd craving with a small/snack size chocolate. Better still the small/snack size chocolate fits in with my alloted calories should I need it. I find cutting the fruit up in bites size pieces helps me especially at work... as i can pick at it during the day or whenever i feel that chocolate craving coming on. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Don't buy crap food. Don't keep it in your house. When you have cravings, they won't be there. You can allow yourself to get maybe a small amount. I suggest Skinny Cow's 120 packets. They're delicious and in portions, which help you be more aware. If you absolutely need to eat something and a craving comes on, go for fruit or something.

Ultimately, this is about your will power. Your will power is a muscle you need to exercise too. It all comes down to you and how badly you want to lose weight.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Being bluntly honest. Own up and minimize your intake. The greatest battle you have in losing weight is your mental state of what you want, your desire to get it, the determination to do so, and DOING IT.
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use a tea called Coco Pure. It helps me with my chocolate cravings. One cup of tea is only 10 calories and 1 carb. I have 2 cups a day.
  • Kateinprogress
    Options
    My favorite two chocolate fixes:

- Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate! 30 calories, individually wrapped, delicious! :)

- 1/2 cup strawberries mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa powder (which is only 2-3 calories.. basically cocoa powder is amazing and best when on something with moisture)

Hope those help! :)
  • MyPromise
    Options
    Thak you all, I will try these suggestions.
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Im am a chocohlic as well! BUt really all you have to do is stop... it will get easier and after a week you wont even miss it.
  • CiaraLeeMaxwell
    CiaraLeeMaxwell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I am craving something sweet I have a caramel rice cake. They are actually really good to me! They are 50 cals. for one. I know this has nothing to do with chocolate, but maybe you can find some things that are sweet and better for you. Best wishes! :o]
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I still eat the same stuff i used to. But now, instead of a full size bar, i just have a snack size version. From 280cals down to 80...much easier to manage.
  • claire3425
    claire3425 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    could you tell me where I can get this tea?

Thanks!
  • misshockey
    misshockey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic too! I stopped keeping it in the house so it wasn't available to me. If I have any at all it makes my cravings worse. After a week or 2 with NO chocolate, I don't crave it at all. Now I can eat just one hershey's kiss and that's enough to make me happy.