Hungry but don't want to eat!

Options
Ugh, every so often I have these days where I'm STARVING but nothing is appetizing.
I try to eat but I just don't want to, and I feel sick/low energy from not eating.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, what do you do? What foods do you eat?

I'm going to down some water and I'm forcing myself to eat my lunch, but it's just annoying!

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This happens to me a lot. I don't really have an answer for you. The only somewhat appetizing things for me became the more unhealthy stuff, so I started to let myself not be as strict for a couple months (otherwise I would have starved because I really wasn't eating). I'm slowly getting back into the super healthy stuff but I'm still struggling with liking food and not feeling crappy (in my stomach, not my head) after eating it.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I agree, I get this way when I want junk food, but don't want to be "bad". Maybe drink something like Ensure or Boost?
  • emmy0417
    emmy0417 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try a protein shake. You can make them yourself at home and take them with you for later in the day or you can buy them. At the very least you'll be putting something in your body and boosting your energy.
  • ElissaNP
    ElissaNP Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's why I always keep apples in the house. Sometimes I'm hungry but nothing grabs me....except the idea of junk food, so I eat an apple. It takes the edge off and I don't have to deal with guilt.
  • snoopy12
    snoopy12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the Herbalife supplements and shakes for almost a year now. The big thing with the shakes is protein. You should shoot for at least 100 grams of protein a day if you are working out. Protein helps you feel fuller longer. It is really easy to track on here. Try boosting that for a few days and then see if that makes a diferrence. Good luck. Julie
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I eat. Even if nothing looks exactly appetizing, I know eating my meals makes for a healthy lifestyle and from your profile that seems to be what you're looking for. I'm not saying force feed but your body is telling you you're hungry, so eat. Snack throughout the day if that's what you want to do but you're already seeing the effects of not eating although you're hungry. So stuff that pretty little face of yours and smile :)
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Thanks guys. Junk food does seem to be something that I can keep down, but that's not happening :)
    A protein shake would be a good idea.

Thanks again!
  • BWH1969
    Options
    Bananas, cabbage and radishes seem to be my weapon of choice against hunger. The former is good for the morning as it gets you energy and needed potassium. The latter good as large quantities are low in caloric value.

Have an awesome day!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've felt like this before, especially if it's right before I get a cold or sinus infection. I just usually go to my "go-to" snack.. peanut butter on something, anything. I love peanut butter so much that even if I don't know what to eat, I eat that. I put it on an english muffin, toast, waffle or banana. And now that I'm into smoothies, I could see smoothies being a good "not sure what to have" solution. Good Luck! :tongue:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I suggest talking to a medical professional
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Man, I am always hungry!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so hard sometimes to be good!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I suggest talking to a medical professional
    Somehow I don't think they'd be interested.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    For me... this is when my slippery slope starts. I've been good for X amount of time. I want junk but don't know what I want. I eat something and that wasn't it; so I eat something else.

Also, whatever I'm craving I buy it and don't bring it home. Craving cheesecake - don't buy a whole one - go get 1 slice at a restaurant or coffee shop. Craving pizza - buy a slice or smallest one. Let someone else eat rest of it or freeze individual slices,

It *is* a tough balance between enjoying occasional treats and re-starting old habits
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Happens to me a lot. Over time I've come to realize that VERY rarely is it really hunger though... generally it's a craving or something emotional (I'm an emotional eater). Once I figured that out it's much easier to deal with.

When I'm truly hungry things always sound good. Maybe not everything in my house, but I can always find a few things that sound good.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. :(
  • IrishGuru25
    Options
    This happens to me quite often and I combat it with an increased workout for that day. This is of course after I slightly indulge in a snack, as healthy as possible.