Can I save exercise calories for another day?

Options
Hello,

I was doing WW for over a year and was successful losing weight, I decided to drop it and use MFP because of the cost. I am used to tracking my workout and using those points when I need them, not on the day I gained them.

Can I do that with MFP? I work out 6 days a week alternating cardio and strength, on the cardio days, I get more calories and on the strength days, I get less.
I just dropped WW and this is my first week doing MFP.

Thanks.,

Replies

• tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not an expert, but I'll regurgitate some of the advice I've gotten from hanging around the MFP forums:

Losing 1lb of fat per week is equal to having a deficit of about 3500 calories for that week, or 500 per day. I would say that as long as you are reaching that number by the end of a seven day period, you're probably okay.

In fact, it might even be better, because you're not allowing your body to fall into complacency by giving it the same number of calories every day. I think that's when people end up plateauing. If you burn, say, 300 calories when you do your cardio, you'll probably be eating 300 more calories on those days than on strength days, and keeping your metabolism guessing like that probably helps it to continue burning energy in the most efficient way.

That's just a guess, though! :) Hope it helps!
  • Jisel140
    Jisel140 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you, it does make sense. I know that keeping your body guessing is the key to keep losing weight. Saturday is my first weight in day with MFP, it will be interesting to see the outcome.

My husband have been using this program since October and managed to lose 5 lb. some days he is over and others he is under wih his calories.