To much food over the memorial weekend

Options
I'm afraid to step on the scale. I had more then my fair share up north. I live in MN so I went 4 hours up north. It was a bad weekend, and I got stuck in the hotel room for one hole day because my daughter got the flu. Anyway I feel like i put on a few pounds. But I did find the cutest shorts at wal-mart while I was up north. Any good ideas how to get over my lazy slump? I just don't feel like starting my workout again.

Replies

• josette
    josette Posts: 3
    Options
    i know how you feel! i ate way too much over the long weekend and have been too scared to weigh myself. i really didn't feel like working out yesterday, so i did one of my easier workouts. no, it wasn't my best effort, but i feel like it helped ease me back into harder workouts. :)
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I'm afraid to step on the scale. I had more then my fair share up north. I live in MN so I went 4 hours up north. It was a bad weekend, and I got stuck in the hotel room for one hole day because my daughter got the flu. Anyway I feel like i put on a few pounds. But I did find the cutest shorts at wal-mart while I was up north. Any good ideas how to get over my lazy slump? I just don't feel like starting my workout again.

haha, you and me both. I pretty much committed myself to jumping the wagon (or on the wagon? whatever expression).... Tuesday it was back on track.
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Just get over it.... just DO your workout, whatever it might be. You've already lost 29 pounds - one bad weekend is no reason to quit. The best way to get started is to put one foot in front of the other. Figure out what you ate "over" your goal, and make it a point to work out enough to burn off *those* calories, then do some more! Congrats on your loss so far! That's awesome - keep it up!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It is easy to avoid the scale. However, living in denial won't help either. Get on the scale, see the damage, if any, and move forward. I have avoided the scale in the past to avoid dealing with the fact that I had gained weight. It was easier to ignore that aspect of my life, than deal with it. I realized that I have to get on the scale or else I am not going to be accountable for my actions.

One trick that works when not really wanting to work out. Give yourself 15 minutes. If after 15 minutes, you still feel like it is a no go, then stop. Most people tend to stick to it rather than stop.
  • kariadams
    kariadams Posts: 24
    Options
    I know how you feel....I probally do this two weekends a month and the only way I get back on track is I pull out my skinny jeans and try to put them on. When I can not get them zipped up I get my motivation back, grit my teeth and remind myself that I will not be the fat mom at the pool this year!!! You can do it, pull yourself up and get moving!!
  • godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options
    I know how you feel....I probally do this two weekends a month and the only way I get back on track is I pull out my skinny jeans and try to put them on. When I can not get them zipped up I get my motivation back...

Oooo, good one! I watch about 15 minutes of FitTV and that gets me in the groove to work out. For some reason, watching other people work out gets me jazzed up to do it.

After I overindulge a bit, I do avoid the scales for a few days until I'm sure whatever is there is not just water weight. I try to use the scale to make myself feel GOOD about my weight. Otherwise, I get into that kick-myself-while-I'm-down mentality.