30 Day Shred Dilemma!!!!!

Options
Ok so tomorrow will be my 9th day on Level 1 of the 30DS and I only realised that I will be going away for my final week of the 30DS! I wont be able to do it at all when im away, so I was thinking. Should I do it twice a day for a while to account for those days I will miss?? I really want to finish it out!!

Any thoughts??

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I did it twice a day all the time. So I dont think it really matters.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I just started level 3 today, and leave on a wednesday for a week of camping. I might write it down and take the program with me.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't double up, because may increase your chances of quitting altogether. I would take the week off and come back...add 3 add'l days of level 2 to get back in-line and finish out w/ the remainder that you had left. Once you get in to days 20-30, I found it harder to do every day because of being so tired of doing it, but YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    I hear lots of people talking about the 30 day shred but have no clue what it's about. Anyone care to elaborate?
  • Msjcooper
    Msjcooper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't think that would be a good idea. I just finished back to back months of the shred and it's hard on your body for sure. I am probably a lot older than you, so you may be able to handle the twice a day.. but I don't think it will be as effective because your body will need the rest in between. I would just take the week off, then come back and resume. I actually traveled when I did mine, and I took the DVD with me and did it on my laptop. It wasn't easy, but I was determined. Good luck!
  • Msjcooper
    Msjcooper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is Jillian Michael's DVD of complete pain! LOL
    It has 3 levels that are 10 days each, and she tells you to do it EVERYDAY without missing a day to get the best results. Google it, it's a great workout and I lost major inches the first time I did it.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    U could do that . I did levels back to back, very good workout!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't double up, because may increase your chances of quitting altogether. I would take the week off and come back...add 3 add'l days of level 2 to get back in-line and finish out w/ the remainder that you had left. Once you get in to days 20-30, I found it harder to do every day because of being so tired of doing it, but YOU CAN DO IT! :)

I agree with this. Also, what do you plan to do when you finish the shred? No reason why you can't start over all together! You have a lifetime of exercise ahead of you! Lots of people do the shred multiple times in a row. i still do it but I mix it in with the other JM videos.
  • mareed123
    mareed123 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wrote it down and did it when i didnt have a dvd player around. Or you could just try and keep active while you are away and do some sort of exercise and then do the final 10 days when you get back?
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    U could do that . I did levels back to back, very good workout!

me too!! haha after the 30 days...i think you should do the workout on the trip or vaca its not that long if you want to complete the 30 days or start again when you get back :smile:
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I hear lots of people talking about the 30 day shred but have no clue what it's about. Anyone care to elaborate?

It's a work out dvd by The biggest loser trainer Jillian Michaels
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    How many days are you cutting it short by exactly? Then I would go ahead and start L2 tomorrow and cut the short...then start L3...If you think you can manage to do doubles until your vacay...then that's an option. OR you can just do what it suggests, cut L3...then start it up back up when you get back...refresh at L2... SO many options!! :D
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Also, what do you plan to do when you finish the shred? No reason why you can't start over all together! You have a lifetime of exercise ahead of you! Lots of people do the shred multiple times in a row. i still do it but I mix it in with the other JM videos.

My hubby and I just finished level 1 last night and plan to start level 2 tonight. We're not doing it every single day, so it's taken us about 2 weeks to finish level 1. I've started wondering the same thing...do we start over with 30DS or move on to something more challenging. I've definitely toned up, but I know I will lose that if I don't maintain a workout after we're done.

On another note...is that a puggle?! I have a puggle myself, who is my baby girl! :) They're so cute.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Also, what do you plan to do when you finish the shred? No reason why you can't start over all together! You have a lifetime of exercise ahead of you! Lots of people do the shred multiple times in a row. i still do it but I mix it in with the other JM videos.

My hubby and I just finished level 1 last night and plan to start level 2 tonight. We're not doing it every single day, so it's taken us about 2 weeks to finish level 1. I've started wondering the same thing...do we start over with 30DS or move on to something more challenging. I've definitely toned up, but I know I will lose that if I don't maintain a workout after we're done.

On another note...is that a puggle?! I have a puggle myself, who is my baby girl! :) They're so cute.

Personally I've never actually done the 30 day shred in 30 days. I just get too bored. I prefer the 30 day slimdown which incorporates her other videos. But yes, the whole thing is that you will need to continue working out even when you have finished or you will lose the muscles you worked so hard to build up! I'm still loving JM but I know I need to start building my DVD collection a bit more to keep myself interested. I love at home workouts :-) I'd use the free ones that are on Verizon Fios On Demand more often but I hate when I pick a random workout and then don't feel like I got a "good" workout. I end up feeling like I wasted my time and I should have just done JM.

And yes that's my puggle baby. I am obsessed with her. They are the cutest cuddliest little dogs. Looovvee her :-)
  • afurtado4
    Options
    Bought the video.... But how do i log it in my workouts???? Its not there when i search for it! HELP
  • Amineral
    Amineral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bought the video.... But how do i log it in my workouts???? Its not there when i search for it! HELP

they say it burns about 500 calories or something an hour if your at 145 was the stats....idk I somehow figured it all out one day and for my weight (138) I burn 182 calories doing the dvd..
  • ljholmann
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. I was doing the JM Ripped in 30. Had to take a break though, I have a bulging disc in my neck & a pinched nerve. I can't wait to be cleared by my doctor to start back. I could definitely see a difference and I don't want to start over.