Someone look at my diary and...

Options
Let me know what my options are for upping my calorie intake for today without eating a crazy high amount of carbs.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Peanutbutter
    almonds?

:D

Avacados!
  • skinnyjess15
    Options
    Peanutbutter
    almonds?

Avacados!

I was actually thinking of eating an apple w/peanut butter for a snack, but that'll take me WAY over my carbs...I think. Is it bad to go over on them?
  • jwolfdh
    jwolfdh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    looks like you're eating super healthy so i wouldn't worry about going a little over in carbs, especially since you're not doing a bunch of crap carbs, like white breads, pastries, and sugary candies.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If I go over my carbs because I'm eating fruit, I could care less. If I go over because I'm eating white bread, pasta and rice, or cake? Then I worry. Sounds like you'll be okay. ;)
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'd add some protein...chicken, nuts, etc. In the future, maybe look at higher protein/calorie versions of what you are already eating. Low-fat instead of no fat.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    eat more fat and protein
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You seem to eat more carbs then protein. You could lower your protein and it will raise your carbs for the day. Start with 5-10%.
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have a salad with your dinner - a good colorful one with lots of greens and reds (red cabbage, riddicchio, tomatos, sweet red onion) carrots - slice half an avacado on it and use a nice light italian dressing. I like to use kalamata olive juice (not the oil kind) to cut my dressing. I love avacado on salads but I'll only eat one avacado a week. Too many calories but they're darn good for you!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter
    almonds?

Avacados!

I was actually thinking of eating an apple w/peanut butter for a snack, but that'll take me WAY over my carbs...I think. Is it bad to go over on them?
    If that is the way you eat then that is the way you are going to eat. If you try to change to lose and then go back after you do you will gain all the weight back.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken breast
    Tuna with lite mayo and chopped egg
    scrambled egg with cheese
    Nuts
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Nuts
    Chicken or other meat dish
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Add protein:bigsmile:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that you can eat Aunt Millies bread........................Yummy..........can't get it here in Florida........only when we go to Indiana:)
  • skinnyjess15
    Options
    I love the fact that you can eat Aunt Millies bread........................Yummy..........can't get it here in Florida........only when we go to Indiana:)

Wow, that's a shame!! I love Aunt Millie's bread! What's your address? I'll overnight you some! LOL
  • Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Replace the tortilla with lettuce..use as a wrap. Cut the peanut butter I. Half...use to satiate taste or carb craving. Try to stay under 100grams of carbs and increase protein
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Track your sugar intake you will be surprised and read the label before eating or buying
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken breast
    Tuna with lite mayo and chopped egg
    scrambled egg with cheese
    Nuts

I'm quoting this because so many others said it too. Get some protein lady!!
    Your carbs come from fruit, which is awesome, but put in some MEAT...BTW, almonds and peanut butter are ok sources, but high in calories. Your best bet is to use lean protein sources, like tuna, eggs (esp. egg whites) and chicken breast. :)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Meat.

45 grams of protein for the entire day? 15% is just too low in my opinion.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It is awesome that you are trying to fit your macros (carb fat protein) as well as calories into your goal. But as long as you are eating your calorie goal (not too far over or under) you will see weight loss :)

I eat lots of carbs. Many many many many SO MANY carbs. I should swap some carbs to protein but I have never done low-carb and I have never needed to.

that said, your protein can be higher and you won't risk anything. you can go as high as 1g per 1lb of body weight and still be great. so 45g is almost like a starting point :) it will be fine to see red numbers there

in that case, try some chicken breast, tuna, eggs, nuts, peanut butter on celery or (yes, even that apple). Look in your pantry and think 'what here has the most protein' and eat that thing :D (that is sometimes what I end up doing)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a couple of days, but I agree with the others. Up your protein. Instead of 1/4 cup of tuna, eat the whole can. Add some eggs, and chicken breast.