BMR question

Options
Hello! My MFP set me to eat 1,300 calories a day.

However, it also tells me that my BMR is 1,480.

How many calories should I eat each day?

Thank you. :smile:

Replies

• Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You should net 1300 according to MFP. That means if you exercise, any calories you earn from exercise should be eaten back.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So I should eat 1,300 calories, plus eat back any extra exercise calories I earn above that first number? Thanks.
  • Gshields42
    Options
    The 1300 includes a deficit of calories so you can lose weight. It is probably working off of BMR * 1.2 (to account for daily activity, relatively sedentary), - 500 calories a day (to account for 1lb/week weight loss).
  • Gshields42
    Options
    So I should eat 1,300 calroies, plus eat back any extra excerise calories I earn above that first number? Thanks.

Yes
  • Coltsman4ever
    Options
    So I should eat 1,300 calroies, plus eat back any extra excerise calories I earn above that first number? Thanks.

Yes

^^^ What he said.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Options
    Some people eat back calories and other do not. MFP recommends it and it you enter exercise in your log MFP will add those calories back into your daily allowance.

I eat some of my exercise calories back and that works for me.
    If you try it one way and it works for a while but then quits working, try it the other way. It's a good idea to try to keep your body confused anyway. Switch up the foods you eat and the exercise you do, often.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!

:smile: