Does anyone have any pointers for getting a flatter tummy af

Options
I've just gotten pretty serious with getting fit and eating healthier within the past couple of months and have lost some weight. I'm concered with what I can do about the pudge you get after having a c-section and would love to hear ideas on what exercise routines can help with this issue. Also, is there any foods that I should avoid? I'd love to know how others in my situation are doing and what works for them!

Replies

• fitaliciag
    Options
    bump
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    no spot reduction
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Time and dedication.
  • Robintaj
    Options
    I have heard you should stay away from Banana's to get a flat tummy. Also, try lemon water to help overall.
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    go to scoobysworkshop.com he gives frank answers to AB issues.
    Time, Cardio and Diet
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    it's all about DIET for a flat tummy! cut down on alcohol, eat healthy fats (avocado/olive oil) avoiding the saturated kind. Trust me, it works :)
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Time and dedication.

^^^ What he said!! ^^^ You can work on the muscles underneath. Lots of cardio and core workouts, but you can't spot reduce.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    abs are created in the kitchen!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

How do you cook them?
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Nutrition has a lot to do with it. Unfortunately your body doesn't discriminate where it takes the fat from--you will lose it proportionately around your whole body.

CORE training is very important!! I like to do weight training with a BOSU ball that engages my core while working the other major muscle groups.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    wear a red scarf daily between 2pm and bed time, eat at a moderate caloric deficit, drink plenty of water and repeat till satisfied.

That will be $25 please
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Big lesson for me re tummy flatness: some foods cause bloat that can make all the ab exercises irrelevant. Problem foods may vary from person to person. Mine are dairy products, wheat/gluten, and too much starch of almost any kind.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    wear a red scarf daily between 2pm and bed time, eat at a moderate caloric deficit, drink plenty of water and repeat till satisfied.

That will be $25 please
    Nick, you missed the part where you're supposed to charge FIRST and provide diet details upon payment :laugh:
  • Varicciardi
    Options
    As stated; you cannot spot reduce...But you can target.
    The lower abs are critical here along with the obliques (the muscles that run along side the abs).
    All twisting exercies are recommended, so long as you don't have lower back problems, and knee lifts/leg lifts, reverse crunches etc.
    These exercises, everyday, with a clean(er) diet and you'll see results in 4-6 weeks.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

How do you cook them?

With some fava beans and a nice chianti, of course!!!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

That will be $25 please
    Nick, you missed the part where you're supposed to charge FIRST and provide diet details upon payment :laugh:

damnit. thats why Im still broke.
  • roxxi227
    roxxi227 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Something I was doing wrong for a long time was not engaging my core during other exercises. Suck in during everything at the gym or you work out your muscles under the pudge instead of reducing the pudge. My YMCA has an Express Core Class twice a week. It's only a half hour but it hurts at the end so you definitely get a work out.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    So...enough time, proper diet and exercise will reduce the C-section "shelf?" (for lack of a better term)
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    food has alot to do with it but a hole lot of crunches helps to (low fat in take helps alot) it will take the fat it needs from your tummy my fat spot is my calfs when i lose weight